The Student Room Group

predicted grades

hi,

Today I have been given my predicted grades, which I am quite disappointed about. I have been predicted AABB. I really want to study medicine but my grades for Biology and Chemistry have been predicted as B's. This really annoys me as I achieved 98% on my first Biology module and 85% on my chemistry. I know A2 is harder but I really do think I can achieve A's in both chemistry and biology. My science teachers have known that I want to study medicine for ages, they could have at least told me way before this to concentrate on another career path if they don’t think I am capable.

What are your views?
Reply 1
Perhaps you could try talking to your teachers about this? If you got As in your AS year, then they should take this into account, along with the fact that you want to study medicine, and change your predicted grades accordingly.

I don't know your school(/college), but maybe they are just wary of predicting straight A grades, in case they aren't achieved? If they predict that n people will get 'X'-grades and then they fail to get them, then the school will look bad.

I wouldn't worry TOO much - if you did get good AS grades, and feel that you'll do equally well at A2, then I'm sure a conversation with your head of year (or other important person) will sort this out :smile:.
Reply 2
stanleyfan
hi,

Today I have been given my predicted grades, which I am quite disappointed about. I have been predicted AABB. I really want to study medicine but my grades for Biology and Chemistry have been predicted as B's. This really annoys me as I achieved 98% on my first Biology module and 85% on my chemistry. I know A2 is harder but I really do think I can achieve A's in both chemistry and biology. My science teachers have known that I want to study medicine for ages, they could have at least told me way before this to concentrate on another career path if they don’t think I am capable.

What are your views?
Your school does predicted grades before the AS level results are out???? I should wait and see what your actual results are and then talk to your head of sixth about how these predictions - if they do turn out to be unfair relative to your actual AS results - could be improved. If you still think they are being unfair, this might be the time to wheel in the parents for support.
Minerva
Your school does predicted grades before the AS level results are out???? I should wait and see what your actual results are and then talk to your head of sixth about how these predictions - if they do turn out to be unfair relative to your actual AS results - could be improved. If you still think they are being unfair, this might be the time to wheel in the parents for support.
This, 1 module doesn't give a great indication of much but if they're still off after the AS's go bitch to them.
Talk to your teachers, nicely, and get them to predict u A's by explaining your situation to them
Reply 5
how could they do your A2 predictions before you've even got your full AS results?
Reply 6
i know its really silly... they predict them now for some reason.. they know my grades for the exams i took in january though.
Reply 7
stanleyfan
i know its really silly... they predict them now for some reason.. they know my grades for the exams i took in january though.

surely they should be based on the complete AS results rather than just a few modules? tell them they're doing it wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending