The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good :biggrin: apart from I have weak muscles around my eyes which means I see a lot of things in double.. Eye-person (forgot what they're called?!) said I just had to live with it as long as I know which one to look at.

You don't even want to know wat my vision is like when very drunk
Humm i wear glasses. I have my prescription infront of me but i cant seem to find the numbers? I just have sphere, cyl, axis numbers. ?????
Glasses, something like -2.75 and -2.00. If it got to about -3.00 I'd consider going back to contacts again, but my eyesight hasn't changed a great deal in seven years, so here's hoping.
Reply 23
20-20
Wear glasses occasionally, my left eye is a lot worse than the right but I do have Duane's syndrome. :frown:
Reply 25
I have 20/20 vision...or at least I did have 2 years ago at my eye test. I am due one again very soon, so that *might* have changed.
Reply 26
I've never had an eye test.. is it something that someone who doesn't wear glasses should regularly have?
Contacts.
Right, -4.50
Left, -2.25

:frown:
glasses -1 and -1.25 if i remember right
Reply 29
Perfect vision :biggrin:
Reply 30
I wear contacts and mines -2.50 left and -2.00 right, I thought my eyesight was bad, blimey -10 thats insane!!!!!
Reply 31
I want lazer :smile: Though, i'm a little scared of the risks involved (if any). Has anyone had it?
Reply 32
-7.25 and -7.5 in right and left respectively.
Reply 33
And contacts.
Reply 34
_MaLc_
I want lazer :smile: Though, i'm a little scared of the risks involved (if any). Has anyone had it?

I want lazer too, I went for a free consultation to test out whether im suitable for the surgery and they drop some random liquid in your eyes which makes your eyesight blurry for a couple of days.

And on the advert the prices are so convincing, but after the check up mine was around £1,575 Per Eye.......
Reply 35
botchok5
I want lazer too, I went for a free consultation to test out whether im suitable for the surgery and they drop some random liquid in your eyes which makes your eyesight blurry for a couple of days.

And on the advert the prices are so convincing, but after the check up mine was around £1,575 Per Eye.......

Blurry? 4 days? Wow, what does that check? I'm so concerned that I'll lose my sight if I get it done :ninja: Does anyone know the chances of this? Or if there's any side-effects?
Reply 36
-2.5 i think and in the other eye its quiet close , -2.25
and i wear contacts
Reply 37
Can't remember the prescription but one eye is short sighted and one is long sighted. I think that must win!!

And no they don't cancel each other out!
Reply 38
_MaLc_
Blurry? 4 days? Wow, what does that check? I'm so concerned that I'll lose my sight if I get it done :ninja: Does anyone know the chances of this? Or if there's any side-effects?

Yeah around 3 - 4 days, I think it's done to see which type of lazer surgery you get because there are loads of different ones, I was shocked myself they showed me a catalogue of all the available type and the size of your pupils and how they react to it.

I heard somewhere theres some % chance of ending up blind if you get lazered, that's what i'm worried about.
And I wan't to know if you feel anything when you get the surgery lol because when I see some of the make over programs on TV they show you their eyes being stabbed.
Reply 39
aegilia reghander
-8.5 one eye, -5 the other. Contacts. My eyes are actually like -9.5 and -6 i think :s-smilie:

Holy crap, and here's me feeling sorry for myself being only moderately myopic at -4.50 in each eye.

Latest

Trending

Trending