The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Bennn
I've never had an eye test.. is it something that someone who doesn't wear glasses should regularly have?

Yes because you can't be sure you're seeing perfectly.
I once didn't go for two years between glasses and didn't realise my eyes had changed. I got my new glasses and was like, WOW, I can see... I didn't realise I couldn't before, if that makes sense? The blurriness becomes normal, especially if it isn't that bad
My eyes are good, thank God.
Reply 42
ily_em
Yes because you can't be sure you're seeing perfectly.
I once didn't go for two years between glasses and didn't realise my eyes had changed. I got my new glasses and was like, WOW, I can see... I didn't realise I couldn't before, if that makes sense? The blurriness becomes normal, especially if it isn't that bad

I hate the few days after that where you get serious eye strain >_<
Reply 43
geoffanslow
The blindest member wins a prize.

Can't see the keyboard, does that count? Oh wait, light is turned off. *ahem* Errm, I wear glasses, short sightedness, had them tested last week for the first time in two or so years, apparently they've improved slightly (each by 0.25). Unusual for them to work their way back towards normal isn't it?
-4.5 and -4.0
How do i make my eyesight better!!!!???????? I'm well scaredddddddd
Reply 45
Think my left eye is -7.75 but I had perfect sight about 18 months ago, I wear hard gas permeable lenses which is why my prescription is only -2.5 :biggrin: :biggrin:

P.S thought i would add seeing as my lens isnt the worst here, I have Keratoconus in my left eye so see FIVE of everything in it....
Reply 46
I wear glasses not sure of the prescription though, and I can't where contacts for I am not good with putting things in my eye :sad:
My boyfriend is -20 (ish) in one eye, perfect vision in the other (he did stab himself in the eye with pliers :P:smile:
Reply 48
-2.25 in both eyes. does that mean my eye sight isnt that bad or is it compared to others?
Reply 49
freeuser
-2.25 in both eyes. does that mean my eye sight isnt that bad or is it compared to others?

I believe that contacts can go up to -20 in some cases.

You, like me, are short-sighted but as you've seen on this thread there are many worse off.
I am slightly short sighted. Legally I have to wear glasses when I drive though.
Reply 51
geoffanslow
Good, contacts or glasses?

I wear contacts myself and my prescription is -2.25 in the left eye and -1.75 in the right.

The blindest member wins a prize.
+2.5 right, +2.0 left, I think. Can't remember, though.

And I wear glasses, not contacts.

Latest

Trending

Trending