The Student Room Group

Economics vs Accountancy & Finance

I'm looking towards next year when I will start university. I currently study Maths, Physics, Economics, Geography and General Studies, with predicted grades A, A, A/B, A and N/A. I reckon that I will obtain A, A, A, b/c and A-C. As you might be able to tell from the grades, I am considering dropping Geography at A2. Anyway, I just wanted to ask people who are also applying next year or those who study either of the degrees above, what each subject offers and the advantages/disadvantages of studying each. I know that this can be very subjective, but I would like some advice from others as it will still go some way to helping me decide.

P.S. I am looking at applying to the likes of Warwick/Durham, with somewhere like Lancaster as an insurance option.
Reply 1
Economics. It's a real subject. :p:
Economics with accounting if you're interest in both? Or perhaps Financial Economics? Though of course, BSc Economics is the most established and respected. (Or MEcon in .ACS.'s case xD).
I'm sure you could do exempting modules in accounting, or at least some sort of accounting module in any straight economics course. For instance, i'm going to Swansea for the BSc in Economics, and in the first year I can do an option in Accounting & Finance.

http://www.swan.ac.uk/sbe/modules1/L100.html

Hope i've helped!
Reply 4
Just to clarify, I wouldn't mind combining Economics with say Accountancy or Finance. I just want the degree that's best for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending