The Student Room Group
Reply 1
minniehahahaya
does anyone know what might the practical be? My teacher says there is no link to the plan, but would that be true? Please help, any suggestions of what it might be?? :confused:

page 108 of the specification which can be obtained from ocr's website for physics a states:
"one of the questions in both the practical examination for AS and for A2 will be set in the same general context as that used for the preliminary planning excercise"
which should mean that the practical we do has some sort of resistance component to it, but other than that, god knows. infact, i /know/ it has a resistance component to it, because we did a surprise "random" practical using resistors in one of the last lessons which "may" have been related.
Reply 2
What can we say about evaluation which might relate to most of the experiments?
I wouldn't worry too much, the practical is always straight forward. Also, take the term 'general context' to be just that, general context. It probably just means one may be in the same sort of area as your plan. From what I remember, my AS one last year had almost nothing to do with the plan! Evaluation is usually alongthe lines of: do more readings and take an average for accuracy, difficult to time so use light gates/sensors/extra person, if you're dropping something say it didn't always fall straight down etc, and probably say something about an assumption e.g. you may have to assume constant velocity of something when it isn't blah blah blah. Usually simple stuff.
Reply 4
Hey, how did go? I think it's alright, compare to biology, this is much better lol
Reply 5
it was ok, could have been easier though =/

Latest

Trending

Trending