The Student Room Group

What do you need to get into medicine at Oxford or Cambridge?

I am student who has just finished his gcses; waiting very nervously now for his results in August :smile:

I want to know the approx value of how many A*'s you need in your gcses to study medicine in Oxford or Cambridge...

Secondly, what uni is the best in terms of medicine in the Uk?

And also is there anything i can do now to help improve my chances of studying medicine at univeristy?

thanks
Look I'm sorry I'm sure you have good intentions... but use the internet. I'll give you a headstart:

medschoolsonline

newmediamedicine

just type in "medicine UK" into google child!

There is no best medical school

I'm sorry for being grumpy.

Best wishes

EDIT: Zombie rep 3 years later! I'd also like to add TSR's massive number of informative wikis to my list of suggestions.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3
haseem
I am student who has just finished his gcses; waiting very nervously now for his results in August :smile:

I want to know the approx value of how many A*'s you need in your gcses to study medicine in Oxford or Cambridge...

Secondly, what uni is the best in terms of medicine in the Uk?

And also is there anything i can do now to help improve my chances of studying medicine at univeristy?

thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+are+the+best+universities+for+medicine+in+UK

Now as to what you need, go to each Universty site and look at the course and then the entry requirment.
Reply 4
you need luck.
Reply 5
lool cheers^^
Reply 6
Do make sure that you know exactly what all the courses are like. Don't blindly think that the Oxbridge medicine course must be the course for you - do the research first! You might find you prefer other uni styles.
Reply 7
Elles

Spoiler

:rofl:
Reply 8
A gazillion billion.

AT LEAST.
Reply 9
At least 9 inches.
how can you guys be bothered to reply to this thread..?
Reply 11
good grades, but our head boy straight a*s and predicted AAA at a level and also first team rugby eg perfect student and he got rejected so you can't have a direct list unfortunatly :/
I applied to Oxford for Medicine in 2007, but didn't even get an interview - apparently they only interview 40% of Medicine applicants. I didn't get any offers for Medicine in fact, but it seemed unfair as I got 3 A's at A Level; however, I know people who got in to medical school with less than 3A's.

So, I suppose you do need excellent grades, as with all medical schools, but it's not enough. I reckon you also need something extra which makes you stand out from the competition, in terms of extracurricular activities. Most of all, I think you need to demonstrate your passion for the course, which I don't think I did enough of.
Reply 13
modini
At least 9 inches.

This.

The whole thing is a big dick measuring contest.

:laugh:
a hot bod and lots of charm

Latest

Trending

Trending