The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1.5 litres is supposed to be the minimum I think but it all depends on how big/tall you are and how much exercise you do etc. I'm about 5'4, I do at leat 30-45 mins aerobic exercise a day and I drink 2.5 litres. A good test is to look at the colour of your urine. It should be almost clear with a slight yellow colour. orange is too dehyrated.
Reply 2
I don't drink water on its own. I mix it with orange or blackcurrent juice.
Reply 3
naelse
1.5 litres is supposed to be the minimum I think but it all depends on how big/tall you are and how much exercise you do etc. I'm about 5'4, I do at leat 30-45 mins aerobic exercise a day and I drink 2.5 litres. A good test is to look at the colour of your urine. It should be almost clear with a slight yellow colour. orange is too dehyrated.

Wow... that's loads! I hate water, but I'm forcing myself to drink more because I normally have a couple of cans of diet coke and that's my total liquid intake for the day. 2.5 litres though?! Surely you're constantly on the loo? :eek:
Reply 4
Strumpet
Wow... that's loads! I hate water, but I'm forcing myself to drink more because I normally have a couple of cans of diet coke and that's my total liquid intake for the day. 2.5 litres though?! Surely you're constantly on the loo? :eek:

Properly all the working out means it comes out as sweat :smile: .
Reply 5
About 4 pints I think (of water :P) or cordial.
Reply 6
I went onto some hockey training camps over the past couple of years and the emphasis has been on making sure you are perfectly hydrated. We were told that there should not be a time during the camp when we should not have a bottle of water in our hands. This equalled out to about 12L a day of water.

But when not intensively training it should be about 2l of water (juice a day), tea and coffee doesnt count!
Reply 7
Strumpet

I was for a couple of days and then my body got used to it, my skin got amazingly clear and soft and I just felt really good. But yes, the exercise helps get rid of it. that's why i'd go by the colour of your urine rather than a fixed number, because everyone is different. I wouldn't count diet coke as liquid intake though as I believe it's a diuretic. maybe add some squash or cordial to your water? or have diluted fruit juice and increase your intake of watery fruit and veg like cucumber...
Reply 8
naelse
I was for a couple of days and then my body got used to it, my skin got amazingly clear and soft and I just felt really good. But yes, the exercise helps get rid of it. that's why i'd go by the colour of your urine rather than a fixed number, because everyone is different. I wouldn't count diet coke as liquid intake though as I believe it's a diuretic. maybe add some squash or cordial to your water? or have diluted fruit juice and increase your intake of watery fruit and veg like cucumber...

So adding diluted orange and blackcurrent counts?
Reply 9
naelse

Okies. Thanks very much for your advice :smile:
Reply 10
yup :smile:
I dont drink water at all. I get mine through juice and fruit. Oh and the occasional cup of tea.
Reply 12
does fruit teas count towards it?
Reply 13
I drink between 5 and 6 pints of water a day, just because I like it, and I do tend to go to the loo a lot, but drinking lots of water helps me concentrate and makes me feel good.
When you go out you're supposed to drink 2 glasses of water for every alcoholic drink you consume!
Reply 14
Starstrike
does fruit teas count towards it?

I expect so!
Reply 15
Theres debate about the "neccessary" amount of water and ****. I drink about 8l a day I think, sometimes more sometimes less.
Reply 16
Rebecca/Becca
I expect so!

ooh good. i dont drink much plain water as i have to have it room temp to drink (my teeth are really sensitive, even from a tap is too cold) but i probs have around 7 - 10 cups of lukewarm fruit tea a day.
I think im addicted to apple, blackberry, and cranberry at the mo :smile:
Reply 17
Rebecca/Becca

When you go out you're supposed to drink 2 glasses of water for every alcoholic drink you consume!

since i started doing that i haven't had a single hangover :rock:
Reply 18
i only have a couple of bottles of water a day and i love full-skimmed milk which i consume non-stop! so im always on the bloody loo! :p:
Reply 19
i'm trying to drink a lot more at the moment - 1.5 is what i've been told - keep needing the loo though!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending