The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

simple- they didn't have enough candidates meeting their entry req... had to make up the numbers I guess... but that's just a possibility... be it a strong one...

however, I like to think it was because of the fact that I already had 4As, good UKCAT score and had some w/e (gp surgery, day care centre, ward volunteer and first aider at sja)...
Reply 21
Because the Uni i picked isn't usually popular for the Course i chose, so I assume they were filling up the Course. If not, they wouldn't have anyone there :P
Also, the fact that I didn't do badly in my AS levels :smile: (I.e. I deserved the place) :biggrin:
Reply 22
had the grades, good PS (no interview for edinburgh)
I think I was lucky that Keele saw potential in me. I made a great effort on my personal statement all summer and tried preparing for the UKCAT, which I still got an average of around 573 in with a computer incident too that was recorded.

I think the main thing was my interview - it went very smoothly as I prepared the whole week for it and the structure on the letter and their website was followed almost exactly =]
Missmeem
Because the Uni i picked isn't usually popular for the Course i chose, so I assume they were filling up the Course. If not, they wouldn't have anyone there :P
Also, the fact that I didn't do badly in my AS levels :smile: (I.e. I deserved the place) :biggrin:

eh ?????

Which university has a medical course that isn't popular and oversubscribed????
Reply 25
Missmeem

Medicine forum fail.
Hmmm...some admissions tutor was probably stalking me on here and NMM and just gave me an offer out of sympathy! :h:
Because they were unconditional, yo.
Reply 28
Good grades
Good experience/Volunteering
Good statement
Prepared well for UKCAT
Prepared for/performed well at interviews

Basically just through preparation lol
I suppose its just the cliche be yourself.
The admissions tutors are human and they like to see people who are 'well rounded' as well as academically good. Get involved with projects or extracurricular activities to show that you lead a varied lifestyle?
Maybe
I dunno lol.
They say they highly regard your personal statement over the other stuffs lol.
Jd x
Sexual favours.
Reply 31
Spencer Wells
(though interestingly I don't play rugger).

Explains why you're at RUMS and not Gimpy :p:

And apparently I resemble Mac from Green Wing (arguable), that's why I got my offer :wink:
Don't know really - I think It goes down to preparation and luck!
Missmeem

Medicine forum!

:p:

EDIT: Already been noted. My bad! :o:
Reply 34
digitalis
Cos I had a kickarse PS, I acted like a human being in the interview (i.e. I smiled and laughed) and I have a personality/life. Winning combo.

In all seriousness, I think this is why I got my offer at Soton, and my offer the year before for a standard 5 year course. My grades weren't the best but they were enough and what digitalis said is so incredibly important IMO. Who wants a med school full of wet, boring farts?
I wasn't joking :yes:
Reply 36
digitalis
I wasn't joking :yes:

I genuinely think that what you said were probably the main reasons I got in :yep:
Cuz i iz cool?
Reply 38
i didn't get any interviews just 5 offers! i guess i'm just a beast!
bibz1991
i didn't get any interviews just 5 offers! i guess i'm just a beast!

medicine forum!
:p:

[this time i am on pint :p:]

Latest

Trending

Trending