The Student Room Group

I this possible? (American University in Beirut)

Probably the wrong forum but I didn't know where else to post this, anyways:

I got accepted into one of the top Arab/American university called american university in beriut, I was meant to take biology as pre-med but apparently I was a bit late and got accepted in for physics. I still want to do my pre-med and go to AUB. My parents keep telling me that I can change my major within the first few weeks / semester. Is this true, I mean if I didn't get accepted in the beginning why would now be any different.

Thank you for any help.

Edit: Thread title should be: Is instead of I.
American University in Beriut? :confused:

I think you've been scammed.
Reply 2
It's been around for about 40 years or so, my mother and father met and graduated from that university.
Reply 3
ask the uni.
contact them and ask them about it....
and btw that's so cool, i plan to live in beirut one day :smile:
Reply 5
Given that its run on an American basis, major-changing should be possible so long as the necessary courses are not oversubscribed.
Reply 6
Njjohan
Given that its run on an American basis, major-changing should be possible so long as the necessary courses are not oversubscribed.

And by over-subscribed you mean all the seats are filled?
Reply 7
Yeah you most probably will have to fill in a petition for it during the year. It all depends of availability of places and your grades(but since you haven't even started yet that part doesn't concern you.). But anyway try to get advised from the uni itself. People change majors all the time... Enjoy Beirut!:biggrin:
Reply 8
American University in Beirut is THE best school in the Middle East. Or so many people say.

I just came back from AUC, AUB's great Egyptian rival. :smile:

Since AUB uses an essentially American system, I guess changing a major is quite possible. Everyone does it.

If your choose Beirut in the end, have a great time and enjoy your degree in Lebanon!
Reply 9
i think you can manage to change your major... AUB is a great university and i think it would be possible but what you should do is ask the Uni
I think you will find better information on arab student forums.
Reply 11
Heya, is anyone in this forum at AUB now?
I'm writing this from Kerr dorms lol
bj_945
Heya, is anyone in this forum at AUB now?
I'm writing this from Kerr dorms lol

Hopefully ill either be there or at AUC next year for a grad program :wink: How you enjoying your time?
Reply 13
beefmaster
Hopefully ill either be there or at AUC next year for a grad program :wink: How you enjoying your time?

Ah dude, you're the guy who wrote me a PM right? I replied, did you not get it?

But yeh, I am enjoying it, the Middle Eastern Studies Department is really good, I'm learning Arabic and the teacher is really gd :smile:

Plus Beirut is a wkd city. Really interesting for me particularly in the first few weeks, as I came out pretty much cold, not knowing what to expect. It's an incredible, liberal culture, really kl on campus too.

Peace x
bj_945
Ah dude, you're the guy who wrote me a PM right? I replied, did you not get it?

But yeh, I am enjoying it, the Middle Eastern Studies Department is really good, I'm learning Arabic and the teacher is really gd :smile:

Plus Beirut is a wkd city. Really interesting for me particularly in the first few weeks, as I came out pretty much cold, not knowing what to expect. It's an incredible, liberal culture, really kl on campus too.

Peace x

I see it now! a bit rubbish at this TSR lark, I will reply in due course! I have more questions...thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending