The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You can't get an A* at AS or A2. My friend got 100% in eng lit and he only got an A.
Reply 2
In the future there would be A+ and A++!
Reply 3
With regards to Trev's comment; no, that is not necessarily true; the Tompkinson Report suggested that these were a possible option, but the Dept for Education and Employment has stated that it has no intention at the moment of introducing such grades.
Reply 4
daaavo
With regards to Trev's comment; no, that is not necessarily true; the Tompkinson Report suggested that these were a possible option, but the Dept for Education and Employment has stated that it has no intention at the moment of introducing such grades.

Alright then. At least they could have A+ though, like an A* and GCSE. :p: Obviously, this won't happen.
I don't think they should think about introducing possible A+ or A* grades etc... just raise the grade boundaries and make the exams harder instead... But they should only consider this after i've finished College! :wink:
Tonykk
can anyone tell me HOW to get grade A*?and share your experiences.
do we need to be extremly good,like average sore of 90 percentage or higher?

cheat :biggrin:
Reply 7
stratomaster
I don't think they should think about introducing possible A+ or A* grades etc... just raise the grade boundaries and make the exams harder instead... But they should only consider this after i've finished College! :wink:

That could be a possible idea. However, the UMS is already set to the right amount already (i.e. A=80% B=70% C=60% D=50% E=40%). In addition, the grade boundaries would change and they have to be, as it depends how many people get A's and stuff like that and how hard or easy the exam is. If the exam is hard, the boundary mark will be lowered a bit and vice versa.
Reply 8
daaavo

HOW CAN YOU GET A* IN EVERYTHING??? :O
Reply 9
They don't really need to introduce the A+ grade in my opinion, they can use the fact that only 5% of A-level students get an A in every module to distinguish between A grade students.
80% is way too low for the top grade. There should definately either be A* at 90% or move A up to 90%.
Reply 11
PoisonRemedy321
80% is way too low for the top grade. There should definately either be A* at 90% or move A up to 90%.

I agree

Latest