The Student Room Group

Really, Really Need Advice ASAP!!!!

Hi New to this...
any way I desperatly need advice I have a conditional for LLB Law at Stirling University, However whilst at Glasgow Summer School and my academic success in my Higher Sociology prelim (94% - A band 1) I am swaying from changing to a combined honours in sociology and criminology!

I have already spoken to the admissions and all I need to do is get in and phone them if I still want to change,
I really need some advice, and any careers that I could go into with a degree in sociology and criminology
Reply 1
First question is - do you want to be a lawyer? Do you enjoy law?

Studying a different subject to law won't stop you from training to become a lawyer. It would take an extra year to take the GDL (graduate diploma in law) before going on to take the LPC (which if you had a law degree, you could go straight onto). So you could still go on to study for a career in law.

Job opportunities are pretty much the same for everyone regardless of degree. Unless for a professionally accredited course, such as medicine, engineering, veterinary science, psychology (and there are more of these). Any graduate job programme would be open to you, in addition to other jobs such as civil service, teaching etc. Sociology and criminology may lean more towards careers in social work, police and other criminal justice agencies, but having a degree in these areas won't put you at a significant advantage over someone with another degree or who has significant experience in these areas.

University is more about studying a subject you enjoy, gaining the life experience, acquiring skills and hopefully getting some work experience or voluntary experience.

Only you can make the decision on what you want to do at uni. Look at the course outlines, modules etc. What interests you more?
Reply 2
ta much I think ill just stay with the LLB Law course

thanx very much Misogynist:woo: :yep: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending