The Student Room Group

Do all universities interview students?

as in when you apply to 5 uni's, do they all have to interview you even if you get good grades?The thing with me is I'm usually fine, but can get nervous.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't have any interviews to get into university
Reply 2
Nope. Hardly any do. It all depends on the course you apply for.
No - hardly any unis do.
Most interview for Medicine, with a few notable exceptions. Then aside from Medicine, Oxbridge (for all courses), UCL and Imperial College (for most)... And then some others for only some courses (e.g. Modern Languages).
Reply 5
Nope. I got no interviews and 4 offers.
Reply 6
Depends on the course, certain ones like Medicine require an interview at most of the universities.
Reply 7
Depends on the course. I only had interviews for graphics, and none for sociology.
Reply 8
aside from oxbridge, which nearly always interview, are there any other courses at other unis that you could be interviewed for? Anyone have any ideas?
Reply 9
Unless you do medicine, vetinary sciences, dentistry or have applied to oxbridge. You shouldnt get an interview.
addie
Unless you do medicine, vetinary sciences, dentistry or have applied to oxbridge. You shouldnt get an interview.

Also quite a few social work courses do. And then some courses which aren't offered everywhere for A-level, for instance Southampton interview for Philosophy.

Oh, and UCL interview for most (if not all) courses.
Reply 11
angelmxxx
Also quite a few social work courses do. And then some courses which aren't offered everywhere for A-level, for instance Southampton interview for Philosophy.

Oh, and UCL interview for most (if not all) courses.

My comment was more generalised... but yeah. :smile:

Durham University also interviews... I think its physics students. :o:
With art courses you generally need to go present your portfolio. There's also the courses and Unis already mentioned. However as a general rule Unis don't interview.
Reply 13
I think it depends on the course you apply for. I didn't have an interview (studying psychology).
Reply 14
Physiotherapy most unis requrie an interview I beleive.
Reply 15
I received an invite for a group interview for Comparative Religion and Social Anthropology at Manchester Uni - but not for anything else.
Reply 16
i think they all do for medicine and oxbridge do it for almost all subjects but some don't like LSE and ones like Nottingham
Warwick does a few interviews too don't they?

I didn't have to go to any.
Reply 18
Jehuty^
I didn't have any interviews to get into university

phew now that's a relief!:biggrin:
Reply 19
keekee107
Nope. Hardly any do. It all depends on the course you apply for.

Law hopefully, depends what I get for my Alevels:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending