The Student Room Group

I just left my AEA Exam early

That's right. After stressing out over my other 10 exams (including self-taught FP2, FP3 and S2) I got in there and just couldn't focus. After walking out, I felt like the world had been lifted off my shoulders, but am still kicking myself for not sitting there for the full time. I understand that it's a different style from traditional A levels, where questions don't come to you automatically, but I just couldn't concentrate and felt hot and stressed out. I probably managed to earn about 30 marks and could have possibly got many more (maybe got a merit) but I just couldn't hack it in there sweating my ass off and fidgeting in my chair.

The good news is, it's not part of any of my university offers, as I declined Warwick (which is why I put in for it in the first place) and the exams that ARE part of my offer I felt went exceedingly well, with high A grades on the horizon hopefully.

The bad news is, after walking out, I could think about questions more thoroughly and starting to think of other methods I could have used and am now kicking myself even more.

I understand that exam time is stressful for everyone, but I'm just a bit annoyed that I couldn't give it my all because of lack of concentration.

Scroll to see replies

Thats why you rejected Warwick, you couldn't take the heat.
Reply 2
That's far from the reason I rejected Warwick. I rejected Warwick for reasons which were entirely separate from their academic standing, and purely for the social reasons.
I don't care.
Reply 4
Chillax, dude.
TomLeigh
That's far from the reason I rejected Warwick. I rejected Warwick for reasons which were entirely separate from their academic standing, and purely for the social reasons.

It was joke, a play on the word heat.

What do you mean social reasons?
Reply 6
Well it's done now.
Reply 7
Lol I now see the joke. Sorry I'm very tense XD. I did enjoy my stay at Warwick's open day but felt much more at home at Nottingham and the atmosphere was more me. I could go into specific details but basically the social scene at Nottingham and the fact they're still regarded as a reputable university was more my style. I do love Maths but can still enjoy life knowing I had a great time at uni.
Reply 8
I felt like walking out after 25minutes :p: Should of asked actually, would of got same grade :smile: That was a massive failure. What a crap paper.
Reply 9
Reply 10
It wasn't a bad paper, some past papers I've done have been even more hopeless lol. I just wasn't prepared as I had to concentrate on FP2/3 and S2 (not so much) for my offer, so I neglected it, but rightfully so as I need those grades for uni.
It could be worse. Someone on here quit their exam early to go to Wimbledon and watch the Tennis...
I walked out of my general studies exam which again doesn't go towards my offer but I was still mad with myself as I got 100% UMS last year. I was way too warm and after suffering from anxiety this year it was just too much. It did n't help that the invigilator kept rolling her eyes at us for asking her to open a window etc.
I finished the AEA maths paper early...so yeah.
2hr 20mins...
But considering everything else, things like further pure and STEP were good preparation for what i considered an extended C4 paper
pianofingers
It could be worse. Someone on here quit their exam early to go to Wimbledon and watch the Tennis...

LEGEND.

Exams are rubbish. I left all of my uni exams this year early. 1 because i wanted a coffee, one because i didn't want to write anymore coz i was bored, and the last one so i could start drinking. :biggrin:
Reply 15
i couldn't be bohtered, so i pulled out yesterday
I do not care about your insignificant event that happened to you with an AEA exam - it is amazing youa ssumed anybody would tbh.
I left all of my German exams early.
leala4628
I walked out of my general studies exam which again doesn't go towards my offer but I was still mad with myself as I got 100% UMS last year. I was way too warm and after suffering from anxiety this year it was just too much. It did n't help that the invigilator kept rolling her eyes at us for asking her to open a window etc.

she rolled her eyes! what a £%$&!
Reply 19
I almost walked out of AEA economics :frown:

But economics is a **** subject and maths is da shiz

Latest