The Student Room Group

Fast Stream 2010 Competition

Scroll to see replies

Bravo Xray
I just emailed them, they said by next week!!

Atleast its not the end of April.

Do you mean by the END of next week, or by next week (ie this week)???!!!!
If anyone else is waiting for their FSAC report, I checked for mine and it was there now, even though I didn't get a message about it, and the office said I'd have to wait until May.
plasticpetal
Do you mean by the END of next week, or by next week (ie this week)???!!!!

They said in the week commencing the 19th of April
Bravo Xray
They said in the week commencing the 19th of April

Wow that's brilliant news - the wait is nearly over!!!! Thanks for finding out :smile:
plasticpetal
Wow that's brilliant news - the wait is nearly over!!!! Thanks for finding out :smile:

Ditto. The last few weeks seem to have gone surprisingly quickly. I hope the next week will too! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1945
lizzie789
Hi guys,

I've got through the FSAC and have passed central departments, I'm still waiting on the HoP final selection board. Does anyone know whether the fast stream intake this year will still go ahead, seeing as we have already been put through and passed the process, if the Tories get in and go ahead with the threatened 'Freeze' on all public sector recruitment? Is there any sort of guarantee given by passing?

I was so excited to get through, and now I'm not sure I'll have a job at all with it! Does anyone know how it works?

I suspect if any faststreamers bear the brunt of a freeze it will be next years intake!
yellow22
I suspect if any faststreamers bear the brunt of a freeze it will be next years intake!

Great :frown:
Reply 1947
Formerly LieDown
Great :frown:

Sorry for the grim prediction! Might be wrong...
yellow22
Sorry for the grim prediction! Might be wrong...

No that's Ok, I've been thinking it as well, and trying not to worry about it as who knows what's going to happen. But still, I was doubtful of my chances on a regular year like last year, never mind one where things might be even more competitive!
Reply 1949
racol5
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12042010/58/britain-worst-team-end-40-game-losing-streak.html

See as I keep saying be positive.... :smile:

PS once again well done AP on winning the Grand Nation after 15 goes at it.

Ahh life's a long time don't need a crystal ball to know that.

and pps

Those that think 'lucky' tend to be 'lucky' and silly as it sounds the science support this...

Now pleazzzzzzzz none of this negativity...

I am not saying the science is exact but the comments on the science is an insight in itself. EG http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3335275.stm

This message will leave the forum in 24 hours....:smile: as most of my nonsense messages do.

Again good luck for next weeks finale mash...Be clear 42,000 approx people one way or another applied this year...be proud.

Maybe you should pack in this faststream business and apply to camelot - you'll still get to tax the country!
Did anyone have an FSB today for the TIB scheme? I thought i saw a couple of people say they had?
What day do people think we'll find out next week? I'm going with Friday!
Reply 1952
Just wondering if anyone knows what we have to do at FS diplomatic assessment day? All I can see is the role play exercises but it says they only take 40-50 mins for both so what happens for the rest of the day?
Reply 1953
btw had my assessment day on monday and it is apparently one of the very last days , got my results through after 24hours so i think they have set all marks and everyone should hear v soon
mac530
Just wondering if anyone knows what we have to do at FS diplomatic assessment day? All I can see is the role play exercises but it says they only take 40-50 mins for both so what happens for the rest of the day?

if its the FSB that you mean then i think that they only last about 2 hours in total so its not a full day like the FSAC. It might be different for the diplomatic stream but for HR and TIB its 2 hours.
Reply 1955
mac530
btw had my assessment day on monday and it is apparently one of the very last days , got my results through after 24hours so i think they have set all marks and everyone should hear v soon

Hi Mac, how were you notified of the results - do you get an email or do you have to keep checking the website?
BTW did you pass?
FSB tomorrrow. BRICKING it.
Reply 1957
Henrietta Cake
FSB tomorrrow. BRICKING it.

Hen, you'll be fine. just relax. you've got this far on merit. think of it as an opportunity to impress.
just be yourself...oh actually scrap that last comment, but you'll walk it, don't worry!!!:wink:
Haha thanks very much! I'm just worried because I still don't really know what it'll consist of but I suppose that's the whole point.

I can't even go for a drink afterwards as I have to drive. Oh well, maybe I'll have a bottle of wine beforehand and then by the time it’s finished I’ll have sobered up.
Reply 1959
Henrietta Cake
Haha thanks very much! I'm just worried because I still don't really know what it'll consist of but I suppose that's the whole point.

I can't even go for a drink afterwards as I have to drive. Oh well, maybe I'll have a bottle of wine beforehand and then by the time it’s finished I’ll have sobered up.

don't they send a car round for you at this stage of the process?

when you say you don't know what it consists of - I thought they issued a booklet like the one for the FSAC - this not the case then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending