The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reply 2
There probably is but I saw a list with all the UK ones just last week in a newspaper. Went something like this 1. Cambridge 2. Glasgow 3. Oxford and I know, I cannot believe Glasgow is ranked second either.
I don't know but I suspect MIT (Massachusetts institute of technology) is up there. Walter lewin's lectures look amazing! He makes things so easy to understand, they are all on youtube.
Reply 4
Casanova_1
There probably is but I saw a list with all the UK ones just last week in a newspaper. Went something like this 1. Cambridge 2. Glasgow 3. Oxford and I know, I cannot believe Glasgow is ranked second either.

Why? Its research was rated higher than Oxford, and its grad prospects were joint top in the UK, not to mention a happy bunch of students. The reason you can get in with BBB at A-Level is its a four year degree as opposed to the English three (if you get AAB including Physics and Further Maths you can go straight to second year), which means the UCAS score is lower- and besides, its only a league table, it doesn't necessarily mean its the second best course in the UK, just the one which has scored the second highest number of points based on the criteria the table is compiled on. The place has produced some of the world's most important physicists into the bargain...

To answer the OP's question, there ain't one really. If you look at ARWU or THES for the World Rankings based on the sciences, you might get close- but its only a league table, and they don't really mean anything. Universities aren't really very effectively compared cross national boundaries (arguably they're not well suited for comparison within countries either)- ARWU looks at the totally irrelevant number of nobel prizes (where an extra couple of staff in the last 20 years can mean a 50 place jump in the table), and THES asks a few thousand of the world's millions of academic staff what they think, and ranks accordingly, hardly definitive, so I wouldn't worry.
Casanova_1

Dude you need to learn some ****.
Reply 6
callum Honisett
I don't know but I suspect MIT (Massachusetts institute of technology) is up there. Walter lewin's lectures look amazing! He makes things so easy to understand, they are all on youtube.

Lewin's da one! Hez an absolute legend!
wizz_kid
Lewin's da one! Hez an absolute legend!

Yeah he certainly is, he's class. He makes things fun as well.
Reply 8
I'm guessing University of Nanjing?

Latest