The Student Room Group
Reply 1
MelonFace
I'm not going to Uni until 2010.

IB results = soon.

Retakes = November

Results from Retakes = January 5th

UCAS Application Deadline = Jan 15th

So ten days to apply with results already achieved, but leaving it a little late. Given that i choose retakes. Will this affect my chances at all?
As long as you have applied by 15 January, you will get equal consideration at all unis/courses that don't have a 15 October deadline (ie Oxbridge/Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Medicine). So you could have everything ready to go and as soon as your results are in you can enter then and submit in plenty of time.

What I can't tell you is what impact retaking IB modules will have on your application - it depends on the uni and/or the course.
Reply 2
Minerva
As long as you have applied by 15 January, you will get equal consideration at all unis/courses that don't have a 15 October deadline (ie Oxbridge/Medicine/Dentistry/Vet Medicine). So you could have everything ready to go and as soon as your results are in you can enter then and submit in plenty of time.

What I can't tell you is what impact retaking IB modules will have on your application - it depends on the uni and/or the course.

true, though it would be more of a case of rounding my scores up a few points just for the hell of it :p: . Am predicted in the region of 37+ anyway.

And St Andrews say they have no problem with retaking, and they are Quite Well Known, so hopefully this attitude is prevalent in other uni's.
Reply 3
Retake everything is the best choice, then your diploma won't appear as retake diploma.

HOWEVER, this means doing another EE & TOK Essay I think :frown:
Reply 4
Samsoonie
Retake everything is the best choice, then your diploma won't appear as retake diploma.

HOWEVER, this means doing another EE & TOK Essay I think :frown:

:lolwut:
Reply 5
MelonFace
:lolwut:

You don't need to retake the whole diploma :|
Most unis arent against retake students, they might, however, increase the offer for retake students.

Latest

Trending

Trending