The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Need an accommodation in B in the summertime..

hello!!

v needs an accommodation in Bristol for the period of August-September!!! I've noticed there is quite a variety of halls, but is it even possible to rent a room there for such a short time? flat sharing communities?
where could i find offers or does anyone in here need a room to be filled in that time?
would be great to get some helpful hints! thank you very much.
vanessa
Reply 1
I think goldney allows professionals or people willing to pay over summer.. Check it out on the goldney website... i think this is similar in other halls too...
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
thank you! but just a few more questions: so halls are the most popular and best solution? what is clickflatshare.co.uk is that a popular way of searching or just plain trash? :frown:
Reply 3
your welcome. Urm im not sure if its the best solution as im doing the opposite to you ((living here during term times rathr than summer)) are you a student or are you just comming over for a holiday or something???

Ive never heard of that website... if you want accom other than uni halls i suggest you actually speak to some of the estate agents in bristol rather than some 3rd party website.. im sure they would do short lets... but def check out the halls as they do offer summer lets i believe...

Also i just found this: check this out!!! NOW! (I currently live in goldney (www.goldneyhall.com) and it would be fine for what you need)

2005 Booking Form - 24th June - 24th September:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Goldney/guests/docs/BookingExternal2005.pdf
Reply 4
thank you again. also think that sounds veryyy interesting as well as the summer vacation offer of manor! i'm studying in germany but will be in bristol for a work experience in the summertime and i might study there for a semester or so too... excited to gather all the information when i'm there:smile:.
Reply 5
hehe thats cool. good luck in finding somewhere!
Reply 6
i still need a little information, since homepages do not show everything and seem also a bit confusing.
hawthorns and manor do still have free spaces for the summertime, can anyone give me information about those two? which one is closer to the city centre.. or even to the ashley hill area?
my imagination isn't too map-friendly...
:/
Reply 7
hawthorns is really close to university precinct and mannor hall is about 2 mins walk longer. they are both close to park street. I dotn know where ashley hill is...
Reply 8
thank u. and what do u think about the ...... insides...? where is it nicer to stay. seems like they are both good spots to stay but dont know about the rooms and house itself...

Latest