The Student Room Group

Medicine missed grades

Hi
I will really appreciate any advice people can give me.

I'm a mature student(NHS 8 years-2 years HCA&teaching experience) who has just completed Access to Medicine, I had a conditional offer but unfortunately missed my 6 distinctions, I got an overall distinction and 3 dist and 3 merits.
I don't know what to do now, my options;

Take biomed/or similar and apply as a graduate

Take Science A levels- techincally this won't be a resit for me as I don't hold any- would I need both AS & A2 or just A2?

Third:Try and get on foundation degree

Any advice will be muchly appreciated I hold other a levels at a grades just not science and only missed my grades by a few%-very frustrated.

thank you

OO
Reply 1
First, and worst, question; if you get onto another degree or go for A-levels, do you think you will do well enough academically? Why did you not meet the conditions this year? What are you going to change to make sure you do next time?
Reply 2
optrex
Hi
I will really appreciate any advice people can give me.

I'm a mature student(NHS 8 years-2 years HCA&teaching experience) who has just completed Access to Medicine, I had a conditional offer but unfortunately missed my 6 distinctions, I got an overall distinction and 3 dist and 3 merits.
I don't know what to do now, my options;

Take biomed/or similar and apply as a graduate

Take Science A levels- techincally this won't be a resit for me as I don't hold any- would I need both AS & A2 or just A2?

Third:Try and get on foundation degree

Any advice will be muchly appreciated I hold other a levels at a grades just not science and only missed my grades by a few%-very frustrated.

thank you

OO
Has the uni concerned told you that you have been unsuccessful already? Or are you assuming that they will? That's the first thing - they just might take you anyway (don't want to raise false hopes, but being a mature student applicant may help you here). If your firm uni won't, it may be worth ringing round in August to see if anyone else will consider you. There isn't Clearing for medicine, officially, but the worst that can happen is that you get told to go away.

I'm moving this in to the Medicine forum as you will get more informed answers about your other questions there -

EDIT - someone else got there first!

Latest