Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help needed to print my poem and frame it!

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys

Basically i wanted to print my poem professionally as a gift for someone and have it framed. But i am having trouble finding a company that would print it for me on nice paper and a nice font. I dont want to get it published..its just as a gift for someone. Does anybody know of any companies i can use online?

Thankyou in advance

Nav
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know of online, but any photo processing place would do a good job of it. Just go in with it on disk, preferably as a PDF. I've done similar things several times.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I don't know of online, but any photo processing place would do a good job of it. Just go in with it on disk, preferably as a PDF. I've done similar things several times.
    I work in a photo processing place and we can't do PDFs If the OP was to type it all out and edit it how he wanted, then printscreen it and save it as a jpeg, then we could print it But it's glossy paper...if I wanted to print a poem, I'd want it on more like CV paper, which you can buy in WHSmith probably.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    I work in a photo processing place and we can't do PDFs If the OP was to type it all out and edit it how he wanted, then printscreen it and save it as a jpeg, then we could print it But it's glossy paper...if I wanted to print a poem, I'd want it on more like CV paper, which you can buy in WHSmith probably.
    Apparently, the place where I get my pics done is a lot better than the one you work at! :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why cant you buy some fancy paper and print it out yourself? You can get thousands of free fonts on the internet if you are needing one...
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    Why cant you buy some fancy paper and print it out yourself? You can get thousands of free fonts on the internet if you are needing one...
    Perhaps he doesn't have a fancy printer?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, the place where I get my pics done is a lot better than the one you work at! :p:
    We print photos! We're a photo processing place, not a poem printing place! :p:
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    We print photos! We're a photo processing place, not a poem printing place! :p:
    TBF, the place I go prints everything, t-shirts, mugs, anything. It also sells surfing equipment!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he doesn't have a fancy printer?
    I don't think he has a dot matrix printer... Won't any printer do? It's a poem not a photo..
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    I don't think he has a dot matrix printer... Won't any printer do? It's a poem not a photo..
    I dunno. If he's framing it and all that, probably just wants to make it feel a little more special. That, or he's out of ink.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    TBF, the place I go prints everything, t-shirts, mugs, anything. It also sells surfing equipment!
    We only have a little lab, it's in a Boots shop, so we don't do all that But we can send off for it!

We don't do surfing equipment, but you can amuse us by coming to buy just condoms, lube and a disposable camera...
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    We only have a little lab, it's in a Boots shop, so we don't do all that But we can send off for it!

We don't do surfing equipment, but you can amuse us by coming to buy just condoms, lube and a disposable camera...
    Ah, fair play. Can I get a hot air balloon experience with that?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fair play. Can I get a hot air balloon experience with that?
    Sure you don't want the make-over and photo shoot?

That's another thing we get a lot of actually, people wanting copies of photos from professional shoots...sorry dear, copyright!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure you don't want the make-over and photo shoot?

That's another thing we get a lot of actually, people wanting copies of photos from professional shoots...sorry dear, copyright!
    Hmmmm.... lube, condoms and a photo shoot.... A new career perhaps?

Ha, never knew you couldn't do reprints of pro shots!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 26, 2009
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.