The Student Room Group

Don't you hate it when people have "RIP ---" as their Facebook statuses?

:eek3: Getting a LOT of it right now with MJ but Heath Ledger was another big one and even Jade Goody. I wish people would realise it makes them look moronic, and anyway, RIP is a Catholic dedication and as such has very little relevance to most of these people.

Rant over.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not really, just paying their respects.
The sick jokes in statues are more annoying/moronic and pathetic.
Reply 2
But anyone who sees a Facebook status as a mark of a respect is belittling death in itself....
They're both pathetic, we're all pathetic. At least one type is funny.
Enchanté
Not really, just paying their respects.
The sick jokes in statues are more annoying/moronic and pathetic.

Agree.
R.I.P. Allan a Dale
Reply 6
I don't mind but everyone seems to forget Farrah Fawcett. Obviously MJ was more famous but all this arse licking is getting boring. Unless you knew him personally, there's no need to get all emotional.

Also, some of the jokes are quite funny.

Edit: To the person who neg repped me for this post. If you're going to be a keyboard warrior, at least leave your name. Many Thanks.

Also, did you know that McDonalds are bringing out a new burger in memory of MJ? Apparently it's going to have 50 year old meat in a 10 year old bun.
wot crap r u talkin bout? ppl ryt dat on their status to show respect and that they care....

Im just thinking that this is one pointless thread
Reply 8
serrellen
But anyone who sees a Facebook status as a mark of a respect is belittling death in itself....

True, but hardly any of these people are going to fly to America or wherever to do it there so I guess they think it's a nice thing that they're doing in a way. But I must admit it does get annoying when 100 people have the same thing.
Reply 9
Lol it's the same on the Playstation Network...most of my friends including me had RIP Michael Jackson as our comment....he was an incredible man, he deserves the respect he's getting :smile:
serrellen
:eek3: Getting a LOT of it right now with MJ but Heath Ledger was another big one and even Jade Goody. I wish people would realise it makes them look moronic, and anyway, RIP is a Catholic dedication and as such has very little relevance to most of these people.

Rant over.

what UMS do you need in your grades for cambridge?
Reply 11
I had to laugh at all the chavs on Facebook joining 'OMGZ rest in peace angel Jade' groups...
DougLTFC
I don't mind but everyone seems to forget Farrah Fawcett. Obviously MJ was more famous but all this arse licking is getting boring. Unless you knew him personally, there's no need to get all emotional.

Also, some of the jokes are quite funny.

nonsense their all horrible..... "is Michael Jackson bio-degradable?"....(it made me lol..but it's HORRIBLE TO JOKE!)
Kill yourslef OP and we'll pay a tribute to you on our facebook.
Reply 14
cruciform
what UMS do you need in your grades for cambridge?

*sigh* you could just PM me. I don't need specified UMS. I need three As and given my UMS last year were around 95% each, that means getting Cs, on average, in the exams I just took. Why are you so interested?
DougLTFC
Everyone seems to forget Farrah Fawcett.

I totally agree.

Fawcett was an icon.

HELLLO??????!!!!!!! Charlies Angels?

(Plus she did that Documentary about her fighting Cancer)

x
Can't say I really hate people paying their respects. Must be **** to have compassion or something.
Reply 17
Liverpool F.C.™
Kill yourslef OP and we'll pay a tribute to you on our facebook.

Wow, that means so much.
Reply 18
joey11223
nonsense their all horrible..... "is Michael Jackson bio-degradable?"....(it made me lol..but it's HORRIBLE TO JOKE!)

If it made you laugh, then surely it's funny? I think the man made fantastic music but i'm really not too bothered by his death. At the end of the day jokes come out whenever a celebrity dies, it's not a personal attack, they just make people laugh, we need some humour to get us through the day.
I think it's nice. Rest in Peace is surely applicable to people of all faiths and none. I do however hate it when people write TSR threads about it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending