The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nneoma..x
hey you guys, just wanted to know if anyone is going to the nottingham medsim thing on the 3rd-5th of july. we could all meet up!

I am going but from 10-12th july...hopefulyy its good :smile:
Reply 2
49rocks

:laugh:
Reply 3
I'd just like to clarify that it's not Nottigham's medsim, I think it's fair that someone points out that this disgusting, cynical business isn't a part of the university or medical school.
Isometrix
:laugh:

Lets not be too mean.
It might be good, depends what you are looking for :p:
crazylemon
Lets not be too mean.

It's a steaming pile of **** designed to rob you of your parents' hard earned cash. Enjoy.
Reply 6
:frown:
Reply 7
crazylemon
Lets not be too mean.

If you're looking for a ridiculously expensive way to meet other young people whose parent's have a high disposable income, you may actually think it is the best thing ever.
Toiletpaper8
It's a steaming pile of **** designed to rob you of your parents' hard earned cash. Enjoy.

I belive jonny answered you point :p:

jonnyofengland
If you're looking for a ridiculously expensive way to meet other young people whose parent's have a high disposable income, you may actually think it is the best thing ever.

I never said it was good for medicine or anything relating to it :p:
Reply 9
sexytime?
Reply 10
Honestly, why bother...
Renal
I'd just like to clarify that it's not Nottigham's medsim, I think it's fair that someone points out that this disgusting, cynical business isn't a part of the university or medical school.

This exactly. It has nothing to do with Nottingham whatsoever, its just held there.
well.... im going so see you tomorrow!!x
goodtimewildchild
well.... im going so see you tomorrow!!x

I honestly don't see why so many people go. Work experience is free for crying out ****. Pocket the money and get some real work experience.
buck-your-waas
This exactly. It has nothing to do with Nottingham whatsoever, its just held there.

Unfortunately, it will forever be associated with Nottingham, as will the foul test that is the UKCAT.
Toiletpaper8
I honestly don't see why so many people go. Work experience is free for crying out ****. Pocket the money and get some real work experience.

Because it's convenient. Tell someone it's a massive help and sound professional and you can guarantee you'll always get some people, whether out of fear of missing out, ignorance of other options, or idleness.

Toiletpaper8
Unfortunately, it will forever be associated with Nottingham, as will the foul test that is the UKCAT.

But the UKCAT has good reason to be. The head of admissions is their chairman, and heavily emphasises the UKCAT at every talk I've seen him give. That's pretty much a full endorsement from them.
This and Pre Med is the biggest Con in Medicine Applications History.

GOOGLE, VOLUNTARY WORK, WORK EXPERIENCE and JUST TALKING TO MEDICS IS FREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 17
49rocks

Heyyy, I'm going on the 10th too.
Which group etc. are you in?
Oh dear.

Although, speaking of scams, there was a UKCAT stand at sotons open day offering UKCAT "courses" for extreme amounts of money. And there's been bullitens in school about "ACE the UKCAT". I almost tore them down.
I went to Medsim '09 on the 10th-12th of July, and I've got only a few things to say about it.

It was kind of weird, but at the same time, slightly stimulating.

The people who attended all seemed to turn out as decent people, and unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to talk to everyone.

The callout was sooo weird, as it was a surprise attack made by the Medsim Staff.

Haha. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending