The Student Room Group

Flights, Luggage and How Much Stuff can/will I take?

Hey guys.

I am heading to Lund to do an MA in Literature, Culture and Media in late August (:awesome:) and I'm just looking into booking flights. The cheapest, unsurprisingly, are with Easyjet, but I'm wary about going with them because you're only given a 20kg allowance and it's £7 per extra kg you want to take (or £9 if you don't book them in advance)! I'm a girl and not the lightest of packers, generally speaking; I was also sort of hoping to take my guitar with me.

For those of you already on international courses and the like, what weight of stuff did you find you needed? I'm going to need plenty of warm clothes for the winter as well, which might be a problem. Any advice regarding that or regarding whether I should go with Easyjet/another airline that is more generous with baggage allowance? Any advice you can give me on any of the topics mentioned will be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
buy as much stuff as you can when you get there in the swedish version of asda/tesco/lidl.
but yeah don't go with the cheapest flight, get one with ba if that means you can bring more stuff with you. you could go once taking one bags worth of crap and then come back and bring another load, and another etc till you have enough stuff but you could just take a ba load which would probs cost the same price.
orrrrrrrrrrrr get a ferry from hull to rotterdam, then coach it to sweden. you can then take as much as you want.
hey

Most airlines only let you have 20kg and you can pay for an extra bag but your suitcases cant be over 35kg because thaat wont get on the plane due to health and safety, try globespan they let you take on extra bags you have to pay for each bag but they are a good airline. read the small print with easy jet about the extra lugguge i think its one that will charge you about 240 for an extra bag so be careful. Also easyjet are tight with hand lugguge it cant be over 5kg, What i do is buy the cheaper items when i get there.

Latest