The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
stable job, earn good money, well respected in society, decent hours eventually.
Reply 2
I guess I want to go into medicine because there's good pay, I like to help people and it's a pretty varied job with good options and prospects.
Reply 3
The same four reasons everybody does; chicks, power, money and chicks..
I sincerely hope your not hoping to get a model answer for a PS/interview here...
Reply 5
^^ nope I know my reasons, just curious :smile:

and also, just wondering, how do you know your AS results already? Surely they haven't come out yet? :\
Reply 6
looks like someone's a bit stuck on their opening paragraph on their PS.
Reply 7
'Ever since I was 8 years old, after I helped a friend patch up her grazed knee, I have been fascinated by Medicine. Not only learning about the human body, but also knowing that Im helping others gives me pleasures beyond imagination.'

Thatll get you straight in, anywhere.
Reply 8
I have the same birthday as Harold Shipman - it's fate that I become a medic.
People going into it for the money or respect are going to get a big shock when they actually start working properly as a junior doctor. You need to really love helping people or you will go insane.
Reply 10
My medic friend told me that junior doctors earn less hourly than cleaners. 5 year medicine degree seems worth it now dont it?
Reply 11
Isometrix

This.

My first thought "Not a CHANCE am I giving a full answer to this thread"
Reply 12
Isometrix

That'd be my guess.

OP, only you can really understand why you want to be a doctor...
Reply 13
Because its a easy answer and path rather than thinking about other paths its rather straightforward and safe in economical crisis
I wish I could think of an answer, as I stare at the Word document which is blank except for the title "Personal statement" at the top...
Reply 15
MB2Z
'Ever since I was 8 years old, after I helped a friend patch up her grazed knee, I have been fascinated by Medicine. Not only learning about the human body, but also knowing that Im helping others gives me pleasures beyond imagination.'

Thatll get you straight in, anywhere.

Sounds ludicrous xD as if you are addicted to helping in a sense that it doesn't sound human and sensible.
Because I really, really, really love using my time studying it to answer the same old questions every week on tsr about studying medicine.
because of scrubs :biggrin:
Reply 18
The free pills.
Reply 19
Stratos
Sounds ludicrous xD as if you are addicted to helping in a sense that it doesn't sound human and sensible.

I wasnt being serious.

Latest

Trending

Trending