The Student Room Group

quantitative reasoning in '600 UKCAT question' book

hey, i've been using the '600 UKCAT questions' book and im finding the quantitative reasoning questions IMPOSSIBLE to do complete within the time given, i end up spending 10 min per scenario when its only meant to be 3.5 min!! :eek3:

i just really hope its not just me who's finding them really difficult, and does anyone know how does the difficulty of these questions compare to the REAL UKCAT exam?

thanks alot
Reply 1
bunzy
hey, i've been using the '600 UKCAT questions' book and im finding the quantitative reasoning questions IMPOSSIBLE to do complete within the time given, i end up spending 10 min per scenario when its only meant to be 3.5 min!!

i just really hope its not just me who's finding them really difficult, and does anyone know how does the difficulty of these questions compare to the REAL UKCAT exam?

thanks alot

Erm.. they're pretty difficult in the real UKCAT too to be honest.
just keep practising, and work on your speed, there's no way you should be spending so much time per scenario, read the paragraph within a minute or so, then refer back when doing the questions. also, always read the first question before you read the paragraph.
and finally, if it's taking you too long it's generally not always a bad idea to rely on your instinct...
the more you get done the better, ukcat doesn't prefer quality over quantity. :smile:
Reply 2
bunzy
hey, i've been using the '600 UKCAT questions' book and im finding the quantitative reasoning questions IMPOSSIBLE to do complete within the time given, i end up spending 10 min per scenario when its only meant to be 3.5 min!! :eek3:

thanks alot

I'm sure I completed less of that section compared to any other section and I understand that a friend of mine found it the longest also. So in my experience it does take a longer amount of time to answer the questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending