I urge the Speaker to ignore the question. It does not make sense in practical terms to merge the ask a Lib Dem thread with ask a MRLP.
Last edited by Morgsie; 23-05-2012 at 03:56.
1) You join a party and get selected for a seat, or you win a seat independently in a general (or by-) election.
(Original post by rachie22)
A few questions:
1) How do you become an MP?
2) And when is the next General Election?
3) How do the campaigns work?
4) How do you become a party leader?
2) When the PM calls it. It has to be before Septemberish I think.
3) All parties/candidates decide on and submit a manifesto (see the Guidance Document for more details)!
4) Varies depending on the Party. For instance, the Socialist Party doesn't have a leader.
(I'm not the Speaker btw. Just a helpful citizen.)
Last edited by JPKC; 30-05-2012 at 18:33.