Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Ask the Speaker

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grape190190)
    I could give Cameron an intellectual pasting at PMQs.
    Yeah, stick an Italian Communist Party poster over his cakehole and it'd be perfect.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    You quite obviously were. You quoted a picture of him, and then laid out the differences between Dayne's election and a "puppet election" - as if only someone with an Oxford degree could be perceptive enough to distinguish between Dayne winning an Internet poll with a minority of the votes and Ahmadinejad rigging a presidential election and shooting dead the people who protest about it.

Oh thank you, Meester Drogue. Where would we be without your powers of reason?

*yawwwwwwwwn*
    :rolleyes: You said he didn't have mandate, I explained why he did. Nothing to do with Ahmadinejad at all.

And yeh, because it's really cool to insult someone, claim they don't have a mandate and then just react with "you're boring" when someone points out that they do. Grow up, please. There's no need for the insults or the random hyperbole.

Speak for yourself. I could give Cameron an intellectual pasting at PMQs.
    :toofunny:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    *yawn*

As fun as petty fights are, can we not do it all the time? We're not supposed to be an exact model of the HoC.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the lies, Drogue, the lies. You talked about a "puppet election".
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who cares?! Dayne was elected on the same model as every other speaker, so let's just get on with it.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the lies, Drogue, the lies. You talked about a "puppet election".
    I did, as surely an election result that doesn't provide a mandate is a puppet election?

But to get back to the point, do you really think insults and hyperbole are mature responses, and that pointing that out is simply "boring"? Why bother starting petty arguments with them?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I suggest a somewhat better method for this thread might be to lock it, and for the Speaker to publicly respond to questions that members PM him here? That way, we avoid the crap that bogs down so many of our threads...
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    Can I suggest a somewhat better method for this thread might be to lock it, and for the Speaker to publicly respond to questions that members PM him here? That way, we avoid the crap that bogs down so many of our threads...
    Its unfortunate but I'm going to have to agree.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The kids cant be trusted with nice things.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    It's no more misleading than saying "Thatcherism Works". :p:
    Hear Hear...

*points to my signature at the moment*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Hear Hear...

*points to my signature at the moment*
    Mate - you're too young to even remember John Major as Prime Minister. And, the joke, is really starting to wear thin.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember Major. I only remember big glasses though
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right then. Lets give this another try and see if we can keep it sensible. This thread will be to ask questions and demands of the speaker so we don't see a VoNC when it isn't needed.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Right then. Lets give this another try and see if we can keep it sensible. This thread will be to ask questions and demands of the speaker so we don't see a VoNC when it isn't needed.
    How would you change the constitution?
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    How would you change the constitution?
    Personally I would like to see it removed completely. Many MPs disagree with me on that though, So instead I support the next best thing, which is the constitution and guidance document proposed by Drogue and written by my former boss, the Rt. hon. Daniel Williams. At the end of the day though its up to the MPs what happens with the constitution. They are instructions to me on how the MPs want me to administer the House.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would like to see it removed completely. Many MPs disagree with me on that though, So instead I support the next best thing, which is the constitution and guidance document proposed by Drogue and written by my former boss, the Rt. hon. Daniel Williams. At the end of the day though its up to the MPs what happens with the constitution. They are instructions to me on how the MPs want me to administer the House.
    I'd favour removing it for a guidance document.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Dan williams the RT. Hon?

:tongue:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Is Dan williams the RT. Hon?

:tongue:
    I thought all speakers became Rt. Hon.?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought all speakers became Rt. Hon.?
    Oh, perhaps - I'm not sure.

I remember there was a bill in here suggesting some sort of permanent titles, but in RL - they become lords don't they?
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Oh, perhaps - I'm not sure.

I remember there was a bill in here suggesting some sort of permanent titles, but in RL - they become lords don't they?
    Afik. Anyway, unless someone points out a constitutional reason that I cant I'll call him Rt. Hon. I'm a Rt. Hon. anyway. not that it matters anyway xD

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 24, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.