The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

What is the 60 points from one course equal too?

If you have successfully compleated a course (mainly a level one course) and have been awarded the 60 points,

Obviously if you were considering carrying on with the OU you would have 60 points towards a degree of you're choice, but say you left the OU with the 60 points and was considering trying to apply to a college to do a foundation degree, what would they compare you're 60 points to? for example would they say, well this person has gained 60 points with the OU so they basically have the equivalent of a good A-level etc.

or are they simply just singular, not equivalent to an A-level,btec,gcse, or anything in particular but worth something at least.

im only asking because im applying this year to a college as a mature student and am hoping these points will give me a good chance. i wasnt under the impression they would gain me a place indeffinatly but i did the course anyway as i needed to brush up certain skills anyway.

Reply 1
It depends on what Level course it is from what I can gather from them. Level One being first year of uni and so on. So I think it would stand you in good stead for college if it's a related area. Good luck.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
60 points is half a year's workload so you could say about half of a first year at uni. Maybe. Depends on content of course.
Reply 3
thanks guys, i spose half a years uni work is still impressive right?!

Latest