The Student Room Group
Reply 2
A Mysterious Lord

i try installing that on my vista 64 bit system, however, an error message keeps on appearing "error, see workspace/meta./log etc. its says it cant load 32bit file on a 64 bit amd system, what can i do?

should i just install the 32 bit back on and remove 64bit?
Yeah that's probably the only thing to do if it's not going to work, you could try Netbeans and see if that works instead.
Reply 4
A Mysterious Lord
Yeah that's probably the only thing to do if it's not going to work, you could try Netbeans and see if that works instead.

hi, is eclipse SDK the same as the IDE?, because there is a new version out for the 64bit vista 3.5 build on SDK
Reply 5
Just get the 32 bit version.
Reply 6
In my experience we get given work to do and as a requirement for that work it has to run/compile on the uni computers so they can mark it when you hand in the source.

So you should be fine which ever dev method you choose you choose. Personally I do a lot of my work in eclipse or a text editor with syntax highlighting such as: gedit (linux) notepad ++ (win) emacs (multi). Java is supposedly platform independent thought so anything you write in one should just port straight across to another

Latest

Trending

Trending