The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
I don't really think getting 100% shows you are better than a 95%. It is somewhat down to luck. I swear.

If you want to know it's 100% in approximately 22 minutes 29 seconds.

:rolleyes:
nuodai
C4 needn't be exceptionally difficult; the problem is often in teaching styles and the way things are laid out in textbooks. If people were taught why integration by parts works, for example, and why integration by substitution works, then it would be much easier to understand which to use and when. The reason why you probably find it easy to pick out an integration method is, I assume, because you're familiar with the workings behind them. Some teachers will just say "if you see two functions multiplied together, use integration by parts", which isn't much use for
Unparseable latex formula:

\displaystyle \int \cos x \sqrt{\sin x}\ \mbox{d}x

, for example.

However, C4 certainly isn't "easy"; people's difficulty with it is a demonstration of this.

exquisitely clarified. :rolleyes:
Sounds a bit odd cause C3 was...I really thought the examiners were taking the piss in this years C3 paper...

I did the C3 in Jan which I found harder than the C4 on June
Reply 43
i agree with you OP that c4 was easy- c3 was harder imo, didnt know what all the fuss was about with c4, people were like "omg this is ******* impossible!", always found differentiation & integration dead easy too, though i also found differential equations easy, the only parts i didnt like so much about c3/4 were proof & some trig questions can be tiresome
wish i did further maths instead of biology... >:|
I preferred C4 to C3.

A-Level Mathematics was actually my favourite subject just thinking about it now.
rnd
OP, seems you've improved a lot in the last two weeks.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=19546034#post19546034

Now what was so hard about that one?

That's a 30 second question to me. Sorry if that sounds arrogant. :tongue:

hahahahahahaha, this is excelent, a fault in the master, even with the EASY integration, god that must have been an off day, suppised u didnt used anon
Thanks muhahahahaha :woo:

FLAIRE agagagaga :p:

I think I'll stick with Flare. You have physical maths Flare that is superior to mine :P
Reply 47
I found c4 hard, but only because I've done my A level in a year. I just didn't like the paper. Nothing on substitution came up or rate of change. Didn't like question 8, some of the vectors questions were hard too.

Stop being arrogant, but at least you admitted it. I forgive you!
Ashley. P
i agree with you OP that c4 was easy- c3 was harder imo, didnt know what all the fuss was about with c4, people were like "omg this is ******* impossible!", always found differentiation & integration dead easy too, though i also found differential equations easy, the only parts i didnt like so much about c3/4 were proof & some trig questions can be tiresome
wish i did further maths instead of biology... >:|

Exactly.
Reply 49
Here's another post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=17412198#post17412198

It now becomes clear that the OP was having a bit of a joke.

OP seems to have struggled with some basic stuff quite recently recently.

Why have we been wasting our time on this thread?
rnd
Here's another post by Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=17412198#post17412198

It now becomes clear that the OP was having a bit of a joke.

OP seems to have struggled with some basic stuff quite recently recently.

Why have we been wasting our time on this thread?

haha if you look there are more you know. This isn't C4 bdw agagagaga :p:

All these were at the start of my C4 and I only had a month to learn it with all my other subjects.
Reply 51
I clicked onto here thinking you were questioning a show on Channel 4 called "Absolutely Easy".

I should really pay more attention.

</irrelevant post>
Integration is hard surely?

For integration of trig, you can try by parts, substitution, or using one of the large numbers of identities which may or may not help.

And then you have to check you do not have to split the limits of integral in 2.

Differential equations are much easier, especially at C4 because you only get a few types.
Reply 53
JamesWyl
I clicked onto here thinking you were questioning a show on Channel 4 called "Absolutely Easy".

I should really pay more attention.

</irrelevant post>

Best post in the thread. :smile:
Reply 54
I did my whole A level Maths this year since I'm doing Further Maths next year & I have to say that C4 was pretty easy, especially INTEGRATION! Setting up the bloody differential equation is much harder than integration ffs!

However, everyone finds integration hard? Why is this? I cannot comprehend when people say 'oh which method of integration do I use???' It is pretty obvious what you use & sometimes it even tells you so how can you mess up?

*Yes I know I sound arrogant & I sure am. Meet me in real life & you will definitely find out. But this is a serious question you see.

If it makes you anti-C4s happy than I will admit that C4 is much much harder than all the other core modules.

:yep:

Gd for u mate. Now go home!

/thread
As for finding things easy, I got a library book out when I was 13 or so on Laplace transforms and found it all straightforward.

There are still loads and loads of people better than me at maths, and I enjoy learning from them.
stevencarrwork
As for finding things easy, I got a library book out when I was 13 or so on Laplace transforms and found it all straightforward.

There are still loads and loads of people better than me at maths, and I enjoy learning from them.

Of course of course.
But you got to admit that this years C3 was very very easy :yep:

oh I did OCR and in Jan and I thought it was tricky. I also thought the C4 in june was equality as tricky.
Reply 58
Can we keep conversation in this thread relative to the OP's original post and stop arguing? If the arguing continues I'll close the thread.
Reply 59
I share your thoughts here buddy.

:five:

Now can you give me some of your maths success?:frown:

Latest