The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Luby
Oh god, Kings is the WORST, in terms of if you want a social life. No social aspects to it at all. The only one I'd even consider is UCL, but even that's a risk. Who cares about top unis.

Lol, no ... just no. Top universities do not automatically = geek/loser/no fun. King's also has the best location out of all the London universities, right in the centre - next to the London eye.

Who cares about top unis? That question doesn't even warrant a response.
Reply 21
Luby
Oh god, Kings is the WORST, in terms of if you want a social life. No social aspects to it at all. The only one I'd even consider is UCL, but even that's a risk. Who cares about top unis.

well have u ever considered that not every goes to uni to get a permanent 24-hour hangover?
once upon a time going to university meant getting a degree, not for a social life
and i care about top uni's

good day.
Reply 22
Brunel or Kingston?
Brunel does a sandwich cpurse ,so do kingston,Aston does one ,royal holloway does a study aboard scheme. When I went to QMUL they said that you could organise a work placement betwen 2nd year and 3rd year but you'll have to do it yourself but the placement officers could help. E-mail them for mor info.
Reply 24
mr_qwerty
Well firstly, during the placement year/sandwich year you dont actually work for the whole timely year. Secondly, uni summer holidays are more than like school holidays.....

.....therefore lets assume you have 3months off every year for 3 years - thats 9 months of experience - and the good thing is that it will be with different firms which will look better than 9months with one firm. Additionally, if you get experience starting from this summer than that will be at least 10months XP!! also a part time or weekend minor job while you study will help - Sounds all good to me...

really? in the placement year u dnt work the whole timely year?. Also, if i did exp[erience during summer every year 3 years would that put me at disadvantage at findin work after uni compared to someone with a placement year as i have heard. also ive heard i wont get credit for experiewnce i gain as it wont be part of my degree whereas others will
Reply 25
I know several people who took a year out once they'd started their degrees (often between years 2 & 3) - if you have a decent reason for doing so then I don't see a problem.
Reply 26
jessyfantastic90
Brunel does a sandwich cpurse ,so do kingston,Aston does one ,royal holloway does a study aboard scheme. When I went to QMUL they said that you could organise a work placement betwen 2nd year and 3rd year but you'll have to do it yourself but the placement officers could help. E-mail them for mor info.

thats interesting, have u got QMUL e-mail cant seem to find it?
a12
thats interesting, have u got QMUL e-mail cant seem to find it?

no sorry me and my mum just asked at the open day in april but what you could do is e-mail the department.
Reply 28
simon12345
Lol, no ... just no. Top universities do not automatically = geek/loser/no fun. King's also has the best location out of all the London universities, right in the centre - next to the London eye.

Who cares about top unis? That question doesn't even warrant a response.

You're obviously a tool. UCL has a WAY better location, and you can go to a top 20 university, have an amazing time and still get a great job after, you dont have to go to the best ones and have no social life, but hey maybe you deserve that.
Luby
You're obviously a tool. UCL has a WAY better location, and you can go to a top 20 university, have an amazing time and still get a great job after, you dont have to go to the best ones and have no social life, but hey maybe you deserve that.

:facepalm:

The social life at top universities is just as good as the social life and not so top universities. King's is widely regarded as having the best location. Pipe down and come back when you know what you're talking about. Sounds like someone's jealous because he got rejected by top unis. :smile:
OP - I applied yesterday afternoon and got an offer from Aston this afternoon. Applying late is not the end of the world. Apply now and you'll go through clearing - it's a quick process but you could end up somewhere nice :smile: Contact your uni's before you apply and you'll be absolutely fine :smile:
Reply 31
I got into UCL, so hush your blow.

Latest

Trending

Trending