Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Summer Playworker

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys
    I need your help URGENTLY!
    I have an interview to become a playworker for a summer playscheme. When I applied I wasn't to sure that I would even get an interview as I have not had experience in this sector apart from work experience for 2 weeks in a nursery in year 10! But, to my suprise, I got an email inviting me to an interview. Can anyone help me! What may they ask me? I don't think it matters that much that I have no experience or qualification relating to childcare as I took my A levels. HELP!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inziebaybee)
    Hi Guys
    I have an interview to become a playworker for a summer playscheme. When I applied I wasn't to sure that I would even get an interview as I have not had experience in this sector apart from work experience for 2 weeks in a nursery in year 10! But, to my suprise, I got an email inviting me to an interview. Can anyone help me! What may they ask me? I don't think it matters that much that I have no experience or qualification relating to childcare as I took my A levels. HELP!
    Why do you want this job?
    Why should we choose you?
    What do you think are the three most important things about being a playmaker?
    What pants are you wearing?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    The main thing they will want you to show is enthusiasm to work with children.

They wouldn't have invited you for interview if they wanted you to have qualifications/experience in childcare, so just try and relax and be yourself, as that is what they will want to see.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I work as a playworker in the holidays and at the after school club. Questions will be the obvious (why do you want this job, what experience do you have working with children etc) and then "what activities would you suggest for outdoor play/indoor play?", "what types of activities should be available on a daily basis?", "have you any experience of working in a team?", "how would you deal with bad behaviour and children falling out/being left out of a group?", "would you be willing to take part in training courses?" etc etc.
    Any questions about being a playworker then just ask me.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for that sort of job and was asked questions like 'What would you do if you suspected another staff member was abusing a child?'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you soo much everyone for all your responses. Got my interview in a couple of hours so I will let you all know how it goes! Wish me luck!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! :hugs:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inziebaybee)
    Hi Guys
    I also had an interview and I got the job... They not only asked me all of the questions ipswichblade answered with but also we discussed child confidentiality and how I would deal with situations which arise if say a child confides in you about abusive parents etc..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    thanks chopinNocture, oh, really, and what did u say? Congrats on the job!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    I also had an interview and I got the job... They not only asked me all of the questions ipswichblade answered with but also we discussed child confidentiality and how I would deal with situations which arise if say a child confides in you about abusive parents etc..
    Congrats. :woo:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2009
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.