The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bonjela? :smile:
Reply 2
Swollen isn't good :frown:

Make an appointment at the dentist ASAP!!!

They might be able to give some advice over the phone too hopefully on the best thing to do :smile:
I had this a couple of days ago. Go to the dentist, it may be an infection + wisdom teeth. He said that sometimes plaque and bacteria can get under while the wisdom tooth is coming out and "fester" (the word he used :biggrin:) and cause an infection. Get to the dentist and find out if you've got an infection and you will get some anti biotics. For the time being, gargle warm salt water (tsp of salt)
Reply 4
I just put some bonjela on mine, it's agony and now tastes gross but it's numbing tha paain
Reply 5
Paracetamol every 4 hours (1g) and Ibuprofen every 6 hours(400mg).

And get yourself to a dentist, swelling likely means infection, and they can give you something for that. Also, I left my impacted one to rot for so long it crumbled as they took it out and they had to slice down my gum and give me stitches...
Ibuprofen + paracetamol together, plus ive used bongela on the site aswell...

and also tried sucking on ice
Reply 7
Subcutaneous
Ibuprofen + paracetamol together, plus ive used bongela on the site aswell...

and also tried sucking on ice

I find the ice makes it hurt more ahahaha so let's not go there lol that's a lethal combination, ibuprofen + paracetomol + bonjela + ice!! hmmm
Lukely
I find the ice makes it hurt more ahahaha so let's not go there lol that's a lethal combination, ibuprofen + paracetomol + bonjela + ice!! hmmm

how come its lethal? dont use ice but the first 3 should do the job
Reply 9
Linweth
I think the bottom right one might be impacted too as it looks as if it's 'stuck', it hurts and my jaw is slightly swollen, just wondering if i could do anything to easen the pain? I've taken Ibuprofen (if that's how you spell it) already but it's still murdering.

Clove oil....all pharmacists stock it. Works a treat.

Make an appointment with your dentist though...doesn't sound good.
Reply 10
Yeah I've been having pain with my wisdom teeth atm, they suck. Make appointment for dentist asap, do the painkillers as stated above, and gargle salty water. Quick tip though: if you need short term, very effective relief, a tiny bit of hard alcohol, soaked on a piece of cotton wool and held over the sore area will locally numb it for a bit, if it's proving too distracting to do something. A warning though: don't do that directly after or near painkillers, as although you won't be swallowing much alcohol, they can react badly. Of course YMMV- this works for me.
Reply 11
Subcutaneous
how come its lethal? dont use ice but the first 3 should do the job

Just a figure of speech really, I've heard it's not really too good to mix Ibuprofen + Paracetomol though, doesn't mean you can't do it but it's not the best idea - and certainly not long-term.

But - as I said, figure of speech, I wouldn't be able to take the numbness haha
My face keeps swelling up because I get infections in mine. The dentist just said they'd stop eventually. Great.

I find drinking helps lol, although not the day after.
Lukely
Just a figure of speech really, I've heard it's not really too good to mix Ibuprofen + Paracetomol though, doesn't mean you can't do it but it's not the best idea - and certainly not long-term.

But - as I said, figure of speech, I wouldn't be able to take the numbness haha

the best pain management comes in combination, if it wasn't good to mix then why can you do it and why do doctors prescribe it commonly?!
Reply 14
Very common this is.

Same happened with me when my bottom wisdom teeth were coming through. Food/debris gets trapped in the gum flaps lol, and then it gets infected.

I went to the docs and they gave me some cordysol mouthwash (numbs your whole mouth (y) and i think they gave me some antibiotics.

Shouldn't last too long though :smile:
Reply 15
The best thing to do is to get something called Anbesol or another clove oil alternative, it is basically pure alcohol and numbs the area for an hour or so, just keep applying it and *Puts on Arnie voice* GET TO DA DENTIST!!!

Latest