The Student Room Group

Annoying customers

Is there anyone on the student room who works in a shop, supermarket, restaurant etc and had really annoying customers.

I work in mcdonalds and we have had our fair share. One threatened to throw a brick with a bacon and egg mcmuffin selotaped to it through the window because he had apparently had a burnt one in the past and apparently the one he had on this occasion was burnt too (it wasnt at all) He never did throw it through the window.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, I work in a bridal shop and sometimes we have our fair share of bossy brides. I just tend to be really cheesy and smile a lot to annoy them more :smile:
Reply 2
Emma:-)
Is there anyone on the student room who works in a shop, supermarket, restaurant etc and had really annoying customers.

I work in mcdonalds and we have had our fair share. One threatened to throw a brick with a bacon and egg mcmuffin selotaped to it through the window because he had apparently had a burnt one in the past and apparently the one he had on this occasion was burnt too (it wasnt at all) He never did throw it through the window.

Must have been a chav.
Reply 3
I didnt know people actually bought bacon and egg muffins. EWW
I work in a hospital (private) with people paying loads of money to get treatment etc
The worst thing is dealing with patients who think they are above everybody because they can afford to pay thousands for treatment - they won't have anything less than a nurse do anything for them (and I'm a HCA) and demand that their consultants rearrange EVERYTHING so that they could see them

I just think - idiots!
I used to work in a posh club and hate it when customers think I am a slave. They are rude, shout at you, look at you with disgust and get sorely offended if I didn't come to them in time.

I'm glad I got sacked because I hated it but I do miss the income. :sad:
One of my mates works at a KFC up Wembley and one of the workers there got stabbed. A man ordered a 3 Piece Colonel meal but didnt get a chicken breast piece...so stabbed the cashier 2 times in the chest.
Reply 7
Yup I'm a waitress in a tearoom and 90% of our customers are about 70. They want you to kiss the ground they walk on and expect us to wait on their every single tiny need when they can quite clearly see that the tearoom is absolutely packed and they are not the only customers in there. Grr.

One old guy actually clicked his fingers at one of the waiters to get his attention...so he just walked past him. I hate how patronising and condescending some customers are. And the customer is always wrong. :mad:

/rant.
Reply 8
I work in a coffee shop and i get my fair share of annoying customers.

theres one guy who comes in and only grunts to anyone whos female but if you're male he'll speak to you/acknowledge you existance.
we give discount to those who work at the council and the fact that the council people think its their right not a priveledge annoy me especially if they are rude about it.
people who just point and expect me to know what they are pointing at.
people who think im stupid cause i work full time at a coffee shop (im on a gap year)
People who are just generally rude.
People who order something and say we got it wrong when in fact they ordered the wrong thing... its not my fault.
the fact that the majority of adults seem incapable of tucking in their chairs so means i spend a good 30mins of my day doing this :frown:
people who spill stuff and dont tell us.
people who are racist towards my staff.

There are some lovely ones too who make my job worthwhile and the funny ones that make it bareable.
Reply 9
I work in a pharmacy and there are a looot of annoyed sick people lol
I'm on lobby in McDonalds and some of the stuff is priceless.

Every Saturday at 7:30 the same woman comes in and orders a Filet of Fish. Every Saturday after she has filled her face she complains that the fish is dry and that she is never coming back.

A customer complained about me because I told her I was airing the mops because they're lonely. When a section is blocked off with two high chairs, a wet floor sign, the mop bucket and the dry mop you'd think that they'd notice that I was closing off a section.

In the 6 weeks I've worked there, I've had to clean poo out of the same urinal twice ¬¬
Reply 11
Laurah5498

In the 6 weeks I've worked there, I've had to clean poo out of the same urinal twice ¬¬

its horrific what some people do in toilet. girls i think are just as bad as guys. where i worked there was poo in the sink... in the ladies toilets!
When I worked in Oxfam, people were forever trying to sell us things, and were always angry when we wouldn't buy them. There was also an old lady who would come into the shop just before closing time, then hang around for ages, not buy anything, and finally leave ages later. Some of the **** we got is also tremendously grotty, and then the gimpish customers are always surprised when it's not absolutely perfect
Reply 13
We had a thread like this a while back, ah how I enjoyed ranting in there! Can't think of any specific ********* recently, just general people that complain about lack of staff, long queue etc. as if it's my fault, because I obviously employ the staff, do the rotas, all the management jobs whilst standing behind a till.
I work at Matalan as head cashier at weekends, dealing with refunds/exchanges, complaints and all that, so I've definitely had more than my fair share. Though also take as much overtime as I can get doing other things so it's not just at the tills I get them. I could stand tidying an area for half hour, and a customer will walk past, knock something off an arm, look at it and walk off again. Or just dump something they decide they don't want anywhere they like, I'm standing there, you could at least give it to me, or don't dump it in view.
Ah I'm going to go on and on now. Here come's a list on annoyances:

People who queue for ages, complain about the queue, but then don't help at all by having their Matalan card ready (you've just complained about how there is always a queue and not enough staff, therefore you come here regularly enough to know you are going to get asked for it!) or don't even have their payment ready, digging through their bag for their purse.
People who take the piss with exchanges (they have to queue seperately). Return one item at £2, exchange for a trolley full of stuff. Pisses other people off waiting for returns, and those queueing just to pay when they only have one or two items.
People who can't read. It says 'Please pay here' above the tills, 'Please queue here' at the end of the queue, and then a big sign behind me, and another above me saying 'Refunds and exchanges'. People then get arsey with the staff when they are sent to re-queue at the refunds desk because they queued in the wrong place, due to their own inability to read.
People who think 'Refunds and exchanges' means 'hey come to me if you can't be bothered to queue to pay'. I don't care how many items you have, you are not an exception to the rules.

OK I'll stop there for now, but no doubt I will think of much more and I'll be back!
Reply 14
Someone came into my shop and asked for a light bulb...

..bearing in mind I work in a wool shop.

:wtf:
squeak
Someone came into my shop and asked for a light bulb...

..bearing in mind I work in a wool shop.

:wtf:

That's not exactly annoying but really cute (in a retarded cute way) :biggrin:
Reply 16
my rant continues:

People who can clearly see ive just mopped the floor so walk right across it and sit in the middle of the seating area or cut across it not buying anything! ive just spent 15mins mopping that!!
Reply 17
Revolution is my Name
When I worked in Oxfam, people were forever trying to sell us things, and were always angry when we wouldn't buy them. There was also an old lady who would come into the shop just before closing time, then hang around for ages, not buy anything, and finally leave ages later. Some of the **** we got is also tremendously grotty, and then the gimpish customers are always surprised when it's not absolutely perfect

Ah the bastards that don't understand 'we are closed'. Or more specifically, the several announcements from about 20mins before closing, every 5 minutes warning customers we will be closing. Particularly at weekends. At the end of the day the store is a mess, we have an hour after closing to tidy it, by the time the customers actually **** off, we get 30-45mins. We actually accidentaly locked a woman in once, we began taking the tills off, I looked up and there she was wandering around with a trolley 20 minutes after closing. She had to wait until we had taken all the tills off as we are not allowed to open the doors whilst doing so. Apparently she never heard the several announcements...
Reply 18
Work as a Saturday assistant in an opticians - ie8 hours a week, with no training. Get patients phone up to discuss if they have the right Contact Lens in their left eye - how do I know? :eek:

On my second shift!!!! Had a woman phone up saying that she had had a letter through the post asking her husband to book an appointment as he was overdue. Well she screamed down the phone saying that he had died 6 months ago, and that I personally was insensitive, and not helping things. Suddenly she burst into tears. I was on the phone 20 mins listening to how her husband enjoyed gardening, and was fond of the fish in the pond - which also died in the last 6 months :s After all that, I was able to say sorry, and that I would cancel the recall notice, and inform the manager. I got of the phone shaking.

Have a man that comes in every Saturday without fail, and asks for his specs to be adjusted. We now have a running joke, to see which staff member can get him to leave the fastest - best time is currently 12 mins and 43 sec! Sometimes, the staff member simply leaves the specs near the heater so they feel warm when he puts them on, so he thinks that they have been adjusted into shape! :biggrin:

And we have an old lady that comes in every so often to borrow an umbrella (always when it's sunny), and tells us how dreary the weather is!

And an elderly man came in in his dressing gown, and no other clothes, and one of the opticians had to stand very close to fit his new specs!

And a 40 something that comes in to buy her fruit and veg :s

As you can see, a fair few strange customers. That's without the ones that are normal, but ask you questions you don't know!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest