Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sunshine and doodles
Hey all,

Have you all had your Lancaster email addresses yet?

I have applied for MSc Project Management, and although they say my place is essentially confirmed, they keep saying there is a massive backlog with applications, and so I will not have my confirmation for a while yet...

And I leave for Lancaster in just over a month now!

They tell me they are prioritising foreign students because of visas etc (which I can understand) but I am getting more and more concerned about not having an email account, a student number, or recieving any info on what is happening.

I can even join the Lancaster Facebook network because I need a valid Lancaster email to do it, and so I can't join groups... has anyone else had similar problems, or any ideas what I should do? I think my department is getting tired of hearing from me now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

i've had nothing from them either, i got an email confirmation of a place, and sorted acomodation via email. not had a letter confirming my place or funding, or giving info on when to go where though. i got a pack of leaflets from the su though. no email acount or student number or anything
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
From my experience of joining a postgraduate course at Lancaster last year, l didn't receive much written correspondence from the University. Any information l did receive was usually posted online via a pre-arrival message board which they set up for the new cohort to join. I suppose this was course-specific...and other courses may have other mediums to send info across.

Going by past experience, you will only receive your email address, student card, etc when you actually register with the University. In the mean time, just keep using your application ID number.

You'll register with the university at some point in the first week (it was Wednesday last year). You also won't be allowed internet access in your room until you register with the University either, so be prepared for a small stack of emails waiting for you whenever you do get it! Though to be honest, you're so busy meeting people/sorting things out, you'll hardly notice anyway...!

If you haven't already receieved a timetable about the events taking place in the first week, then you could receive it in early September. This was when l received the details last year anyway :smile:

Hope that helps!
Sunshine and doodles
Hey all,

Have you all had your Lancaster email addresses yet?

I have applied for MSc Project Management, and although they say my place is essentially confirmed, they keep saying there is a massive backlog with applications, and so I will not have my confirmation for a while yet...

And I leave for Lancaster in just over a month now!

They tell me they are prioritising foreign students because of visas etc (which I can understand) but I am getting more and more concerned about not having an email account, a student number, or recieving any info on what is happening.

I can even join the Lancaster Facebook network because I need a valid Lancaster email to do it, and so I can't join groups... has anyone else had similar problems, or any ideas what I should do? I think my department is getting tired of hearing from me now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't think you get the email account until you have officially registered with the uni in freshers week, or at least that is how it goes for undergrads.
Reply 23
I have received my visa information, my Web Board login and a welcome package containing student guide, guide to student union, centre for sport membership card, fee and financial information, GP information to complete etc.

Anything else I assume will be provided on registration day.

Hope this helps.
Reply 24
What's a web board login?

I've had my accommodation confirmed, and was sent a letter confirming I'd accepted my place conditional (in Feb.) but I didn't get anything back after I sent my degree transcript off to them. I have got a pack of information from the SU sent through. I take it this means everything is proceeding normally?

Should I have got a confirmation of my place after sending my results off?
I have recieved exactly the same things as wiggins ( minus the VISA stuff as I don't need one ). I also do believe that we won't get our official studentnr, lancaster email etc before we register, or at least arrive to Lancaster.

Bestie: Each course, or at least at the management school, has a webboard with lots of prearrival information. And there, my class has its own web board, where we can discuss stuff etc.

Regarding your new confirmation, after your results. I experienced the same thing, and I had to ask the several times if they actually had gotten my updated transcript. First they said they hadn't, but then a day later, I got an email saying that they infact did have it and my offer was now an unconditional one.

I assume though, that as you have gotten the information pack and your accommodation is sorted, that everything is alright. They told me that in order to be able to apply for accommodation, you would have to get an unconditional offer. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but you could always ring them up though.

I think Lancaster is swamped with applications, and are way back on time because the number of applicants this year is higher then before..
Reply 26
Anna_norwegian
I have recieved exactly the same things as wiggins ( minus the VISA stuff as I don't need one ). I also do believe that we won't get our official studentnr, lancaster email etc before we register, or at least arrive to Lancaster.

Bestie: Each course, or at least at the management school, has a webboard with lots of prearrival information. And there, my class has its own web board, where we can discuss stuff etc.

Regarding your new confirmation, after your results. I experienced the same thing, and I had to ask the several times if they actually had gotten my updated transcript. First they said they hadn't, but then a day later, I got an email saying that they infact did have it and my offer was now an unconditional one.

I assume though, that as you have gotten the information pack and your accommodation is sorted, that everything is alright. They told me that in order to be able to apply for accommodation, you would have to get an unconditional offer. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but you could always ring them up though.

I think Lancaster is swamped with applications, and are way back on time because the number of applicants this year is higher then before..

Thanks, I'll drop them a line and just confirm everything to be safe.

I haven't received web board details yet, though I got a letter telling me that they'll put all the starting term details on the main site at the end of the month, so maybe that's when I'll get it.
I had to remind them to get my webboard details aswell. They don't seem very organized there at the moment :P
Reply 28
Anna_norwegian
I had to remind them to get my webboard details aswell. They don't seem very organized there at the moment :P

I honestly have not had an issue with Lancaster.
Reply 29
Anna_norwegian

i havent heard anything at all from my dept. and not heard of a web board. theres plenty time yet though
Reply 30
eden
i havent heard anything at all from my dept. and not heard of a web board. theres plenty time yet though

That's my view as well, if it gets to the middle of September and still nothing then I'll bug them. I think from what corrospondance I've had that all the details I need for arrival will be on my department's website anyway. I guess they're busy with the 1st years at the moment.

Is everyone here staying on Campus?
bestie

Is everyone here staying on Campus?

I'm staying at graduate college, superior ensuite :smile:
Reply 32
Same as me :smile:
Cool, maybe we'll end up in the same builiding or something :P

I think they try to mix the students, from different degrees.
Reply 34
i'm staying in the graduate accomodation, standard room.
Thanks for the various responses on student numebrs etc.

When I asked, they did say they were prioritising the applications of people who need visas and that is why I hadn't heard anything yet. Still, it seemed wierd that I hadn't had anything yet.

They mentioned the web-board stuff when they called me (after I sent several anxious emails) but I haven't had my log-in details yet. They also said there would be a reading list on there too... which I hope is true because all my friends taking postgrads and PGCE's have recieved preliminary reading and reading lists too, another reason why I'm nervous; I can't even get the books in advance. But if others are in a similar situation then it can't be that bad *crosses fingers, touches wood, buys lucky rabbits foot etc*
Reply 36
I got a reply from the central pg admissions office saying they had recieved my results and will process them as soon as possible which I guess is why I haven't got a confirmation letter/login yet.
Reply 37
Anna_norwegian
I have heard that the Graduate Student Association will have "freshers" events for us postgrads aswell. I just recieved a brochure with information, and as far as I can remember there will be a barbeque for us etc. If there is a day without events, the grad bar is a good place to meet :smile:

Hey Anna,
I have received this information as well. There is an event almost every evening. ;o)
I will be staying at a superior ensuite as well. When will you arrive on campus?
Greetings from Germany
Tina
Hey Tina,

yeah I think we postgrads we'll have lots of fun aswell! Good way to get to know eachother!

I'm arriving the 27th, what about u?
Reply 39
Could somebody please send me the link to the lancaster postgraduate group on facebook? I can't seem to find it! Oh and how do i join the lancaster network? Do i need a lancaster uni e-mail address?
Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending