The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

69% raw marks will get you 80/100 UMS i.e. an A
Reply 21
That's pretty low.

Thanks for that!!!
Reply 22
Astral Weeks
does anyone know what percentage of overall candidates actually gain 100% for each module, and then 300/300 for the whole AS level?

It is possible to get 100% on the UMS but score 100% on the actual paper. like for my AS Phys resit unit 1 with AQA i got 88/90 on the UMS but 46 on the raw mark!
46 out of what? Just curious!
46/60 is for that paper I think

less than 80% for 88/90 UMS
Must've been a tough exam then.
clairezay
I was just looking at the geography Edexcel Specification B examiners report. I'm slightly confused. Towards the end, in the statistics part, it says to get an A:

The Scaled boundary mark = 65 out of 94
The uniform mark = 80 out of 100

So, are we talking 65/94 = 69% for an A grade or 80% for an A grade?

I apologise if this is a stupid question, I'm just wondering :smile:

Thanks.

it means that if u get 65/94 raw, ur marks are listed at 80/100 on ur results slip.
Reply 27
i want to ask you ppl if some1 get really good raw amrks in A2 modules and really bad in As ones.how the rwa marks are calculated.are they calculated for individual units or for whole subject.
coz if some1 get 300/300 in A2 but Get 100/300 in As one.how they marks will be caluclated.does the A2 papers would help in their marks
They'll get 400/600, which is a C. AS and A2 are each worth 50%.
Reply 29
but the marks i told it was raw marks so still they will get c
other thing u did answer me how the marks are calculated for each unit or adding the whole subjects raw marks and then converting it to ums marks
Reply 30
anyone know what the ocr boundaries are overall at A level?
Reply 31
anyone know where i can find grade boundaries for OCR subjects?
Reply 32
hi
does this mean if i get 42 marks out of 60 in unit 1 ..that i have 80 UMS marks?

really cnfused
Yes.
Reply 34
thanx 4 that
ok i would really really appriciate some help please please please!!

ok I really need a minimum of a C to get into my uni place, and well at the mo, including my unit 4 result from january ive got 270 ups points, so doing the maths ( correctly me thinks ) i need another 90 ups points from units 5 and 6, so 45 each lets make it 50 to be safe.

So what raw marks would i actually need to attain to get this? Im on edexcel and after tuesdays exam not too hopeful :frown: and i feel terrible.

from what i can work out thats a 32/70 on unit 5 - confident i think ive got that
and a 36 on unit 6 18/32 for coursework ( cant see why not ) and 18/38 on friday ( fingers crossed )

could someone please check for me because i really dont understand and i dont want to get my hopes up.

thank you xxxxxx
It would help a lot if you said what subject you're on about!
-Sian-
It would help a lot if you said what subject you're on about!

im sorry :frown: :rolleyes:

Its human biology Alevel.
Reply 38
im really confused as to how to work out what ums grades i needed in my A2 exams to get the grade i need overall. i need a C in business studies to take up my place at uni...i got 217/300 at AS and i got a low A for the A2 coursework, something like 68/84 (which apparently is scaled to make it out of 90 or something). does anyone know what grades i needed in the remaining A2 modules which were worth 120 and 90 marks i think?

thanx soooooo much for the help in advance
Why don't OCR have examiner reports online?! I am really lost as to know what kind of mark you need to get to score an A in A level History (raw mark as opposed to UMS) as I have no reference point for it

Latest