St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm going to live in Uni Hall too. Looking forward to moving in:smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
Also going to be a new uni haller. I'm on Lumsden A floor, room 31 if i read the code thing correctly.

Quick if kinda pointless and difficult to answer questions about meals and stuff:

I understand in catered halls you get a kitchen to share...how much storage space do you get?
Is stuff like milk considered as communal or can i keep a green-top for the days when i wake up too late for breakfast in confidence?
On weekends do most people cook for themselves or eat out?
Can you recommend any good chippies lol?

That's all I can think of atm.

See you guys in september (not long away now Oo)
Reply 22
Iain.
Also going to be a new uni haller. I'm on Lumsden A floor, room 31 if i read the code thing correctly.

Quick if kinda pointless and difficult to answer questions about meals and stuff:

I understand in catered halls you get a kitchen to share...how much storage space do you get?
Is stuff like milk considered as communal or can i keep a green-top for the days when i wake up too late for breakfast in confidence?
On weekends do most people cook for themselves or eat out?
Can you recommend any good chippies lol?

That's all I can think of atm.

See you guys in september (not long away now Oo)

Congrats for getting Uni Hall, you're gonna have an amazing time!

The kitchens are a pretty decent size, and if I remember correctly, the A floor one is slightly bigger (??)...you don't get a certain amount of storage space allocated to you, none of the cupboards lock or anything, but there is quite a lot of cupboard space. Our cupboards weren't really used lsat yr tbh, anything that didn't need to be in the fridge people tended to just keep in their room, as unfortunately there were one or two incidents of theft etc... There are 2 tall fridge/freezers in each kitchen, again yu just keep what you need and put your name on it to avoid mix ups. Generally just have your own milk, sometimes I knew of people who bought a bigger bottle between 2 or something, but people tended to just buy their own cos it's hard to tell who's using the most etc for splitting the cost.

At weekends most people cook for themselves, as it would be far too costly to eat out twice every week!! It's also usually quite fun, on our floor there'd usually be at least 10 of us eating in the corridor, good banter!! :smile:

Most of the chippies, chinese, kebab shops etc are at the end of Market Street... P&Ms is the chippy, and very good! There's also Empire across from the union which is where everyone goes when the bop finishes or the union closes!

Hope that's of some help! :smile:
Reply 23
I have UN/LD41, but I don't see a D41 on the floor plan. Does this mean I'm in the flats? What are the flats?
Reply 24
Ignatius
I have UN/LD41, but I don't see a D41 on the floor plan. Does this mean I'm in the flats? What are the flats?

I've heard the floor plans are inaccurate, thanks for linking them though.

I see there is a "music room" on the A floor plan. Anyone know what this contains?
Ignatius

As the previous poster noted, the floor plans on the website are out of date. D41 is on the top floor of the main Lumsden building.

Iain.
I've heard the floor plans are inaccurate, thanks for linking them though.

I see there is a "music room" on the A floor plan. Anyone know what this contains?

A piano. That's about it, it's not sound proofed at all so expect all and sundry to hear you play and since it's very close to the main entrance to Lumsden/Old Wing expect that audience to be more or less everyone coming out of the hall.
Reply 26
Ignatius

There aren't any flats in Uni Hall... apart from in Hepburn Hall, the Uni Hall annexe which is a few streets away.

I had friends in C40 and C41 last yr, it's right at the end of a corridor nearest the main staircase, in a flat-like situation as it USED to be the wardens flat, ie you went through a door (doesn't lock or anything), and then there was rooms 40 and 41, a shower/toilet and a kitchen (although the cooker is disconnected). However, if I remember correctly, D floor is arranged slightly different, and doesn't have the first door that you have to go through on the C floor.

So if I am correct about the location of your room, D41 looks over the main entrance, and it may be next door to a warden...

Latest

Trending

Trending