The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No and depends
Reply 2
You use the same statement. But because of the transferrable skills and attributes you show on your personal statement, you will still be considered. This isn't true for all subjects, but for relating less competitive fields such as optometry, you should still have a shot.

The best thing to do will be to phone the universities to see whether they will consider you with a medicine personal statement.
Reply 3
It will be fine, they usually don't mind.
Reply 4
Should be fine, they'll probably be used to it.
You can email their admissions department and ask if you can send them a different PS though :smile:
Reply 5
Should be fine, a mate managed a dentistry offer from a medicine personal statement.
Reply 6
I say go for it.

p.s. whats with the freaky thread title? :wtf:
I think you can only write 1 personal statement for all of your UCAS app. just make sure that you dont focus in med. make sure all that you mention fits both med and optometry.

BTW: wtf with the ROFL, how is that funny? people wont take you seriously if you throw **** like that into a tite
I'm surprised none of you have seen this idiot spamming all over TSR.

I somehow doubt he is/was a serious medicine applicant.
Reply 9
GodspeedGehenna

He seems to know about some obscure aspects of medicine, knows about the UKCAT and has posted extensively in the Maths and Biology subforums. Whether or not he's a serious applicant is irrelevant, it seems like he genuinely wanted to know [it's not exactly a spammy question is it?], even if he expressed it in a strange way.
GodspeedGehenna

He hasn't spammed over the Medicine forum, so I have no reason to doubt his ambition to study medicine.

ADREAM anyone? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending