The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I had a look at Doggcrapp training, i nearly jumped onto it myself. Looks very interesting, i'll be watching to see how you get on.

You going to be doing the extreme stretching too?
Reply 41
Great name. :/

If someone asks what you're doing, what do you say to them?
Reply 42
Yesterday did;

[] = warmups
RP = rep until complete failure, 15 deep breaths
rep until complete failure, 15 deep breaths
rep until complete failure

Incline - [40kg x8, 50kg x10] 60kg x5, 3.5, 3 - 11.5 RP
DB Press - [7.5kg x8, 17.5kg x8] 20kg x8, 3, 2 - 13 RP
Dips - [BW x10, +10kg x5, +15kg x3] +20kg x6, x3, x2 - 11 RP
Pullups - [BW x8, x8] +2.5kg x6, 2.5, 2.5 - 11 RP
Deadlift - [60kg x8, 80kg x5, 100kg x5]

What a session! Couldn't even do work sets of deadlifts cause I felt sick so next time I think I'll put deads at start or atleast have a longer rest between warmup sets and different exercises. The entire workout took hardly any time and I was mega pumped in upper body.

Knowing you can't stop until you fail your rep and even if you feel like failing still trying to push through is hard. On the DB press I was going to go for 25kg for my set but I burst through the bench too fast and didn't leave enough rest time, 20s felt heavy so I just did it with them. On the last part of the RP set I swear I held the dumbbells mid ROM for like 10 seconds with no motion until I gave up trying to get it up.

Makes you sweat plus today all my muscles have big DOMs. I could literally feel my tris fibraz tearing on the last rep of RP set trying to push myself up.

After I did chest/delt/tri I held 15kg dumbbells in bottom of fly position for 30 seconds, was hard as hell. Then I did tri stretch with DB overhead etc.

Next time I will do more warm up sets and pace myself more between warm up sets and exercises cause I was sweating like a cardio workout.
Reply 43
P.S. Triceps lately since dips + lots of work

Reply 44
looking lean fluxd. what weight/height are u now?
Reply 45
I'm 6ft1 and I don't know how much I weigh.

Basically I don't weigh alot and never have, I think I have hollow bones rofl.
Reply 46
Why is back on a different day from biceps and hamstrings? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I don't know much about splits.
Reply 47
flux is becoming the new adonis

pics and cell tech
Reply 48
BTW, you're gonna love cell tech lol

ok I'm taking Cell-Tech, Nitro-tech and Anabolic Halo

but so far...

saturday - 75.0kg

today - 77.3kg

biceps are above 16" woo woo [ok 16 1/8 but still lol]

I realise this is mostly water gain/muscle memory but still, tis headed in right direction.

I've only had 1 aided session [well semi, since it's not been properly built up in my system yet]

I wasn't much stronger, just had stupid blood volume when training, I had to take longer breaks just for the blood to go out my muscles so I could contract properly.

Squatting in an hour or so, should have all kicked in by now.
Reply 49
Did second DC workout. Had mega stress past few days due to insane flat mate who has now hopefully left forever.

Anyway;

EZ Bar Curl - [17.5kg x8, 27.5kg x8, 32.5kg x3] 37.5kg x7, x3, x2 - 12 RP
Preacher Hammer Curls - [12.5kg x8] 10kg x18
Standing Calf Raise - 75kg x12, 80kg x12
Front Squat - [40kg x8, 50kg x5, 60kg x1] 65kg x12
Sumo Leg Press - 140kg x10, x10

Couldn't really be arsed to do legs much so fail numbers.

EZ bar curls are done with explosive contraction and slow negative.

Hammer curls are done slow as hell on preacher full extension each rep.

Standing calf raises are done 5 seconds negative, pause at bottom, 2 second positive.

Today my arms feel strange, arse and calves have DOMs. It's a different type of DOMs though. When you do huge volume you get mega pain the next day but with this you get a strange 'ache' sensation.

Did swole stretches too.

I watched two guys do literally 20 sets of curls for biceps, and my one RP set had my arms more pumped than theirs after 20 sets of no intensity lifting.
Reply 50
lets get more info on the insane flatmate, sounds lulz
Reply 51
Was in bed at 2.30am and I get woken up by a police woman and I can hear my flat mate shouting/crying or something in the hallway. I got dressed and asked why they are here and they said "We don't really know". Supposedly my flatmate said I was trying to kill him by leaving the gas on the cooker on (which was turned off). They kept asking if he had taken any drugs and I said I don't know because I hadn't talked to him at all that day just got in late, chilled with GF, she left and I went to bed.

Anyway he was asking them to kick me out but they came and talked to me in private and laughed at him and said I can just go back to bed to sleep for work. They then kicked him out and put him in a bed and breakfast.

I haven't seen him in 4-5 days but I talked to my landlady and she says he has paid the full year's rent which means he is trying to get out of the tenancy?

Anyway I'm gonna change the locks on the door and then just have the flat to myself for a year lol.

Lulz isn't it?
Reply 52
Win. But watch your back.
Reply 53
Sup stealing internet from dumb new neighbours.

Today was HARDKKKORE. I love doggcrapp and I've only had 3 workouts so far, did this today;

Decline DB Press - [12.5kg x8, 20kg x8, 25kg x6] 27.5kg x15 RP
BTN Mil Press - [15kg x8, 35kg x8, 45kg x5] 40kg x11 RP
Skullcrushers - [22.5kg x8, 32.5kg x3] 27.5kg x22 RP
Lat Pulldown - [45kg x8, 60kg x8] 70kg x15 RP
Rack Deadlift - [60kg x5, 100kg x5, 120kg x6, 140kg x3] 150kg x3, 160kg x2, 180kg x1

Decline DB was hard to get bells in position until my RP set where I asked someone to hand them to me.

BTN Mil press, 45kg felt heavy so dropped it to 40kg, probably because didn't give myself much rest from decline.

Skullcrushers 32.5kg usually lightweight but dropped it to 27.5kg and cranked out 22 reps so tris felt nice.

Lat pulldown - meh easy.

Rack deadlift from just below the knee. Had to pile up 20kg plates since my gym has no power rack just a squat rack. Went for a second rep of 180kg and maybe if I stuck in there might have got it since it moved into the air but gave up due to being tired as hell from other crap lol. 180kg felt nice in my hands to hold.

Then I just did some swole stretches. Haven't eaten very good past week due to stressful situationz but will start slamming down food again. The missus is cooking me steak marinated in some crap tonight :biggrin:.
Reply 54
hahah that is ******* lulz
Reply 55
Seated DB Curl - [12.5kg x8, 17.5kg x5] 20kg x11 RP, 17.5kg x6
Preacher DB Hammer Curl - 15kg x5, 12.5kg x12
Back Squat - [40kg x8, 60kg x5, 80kg x5] 100kg x5, 90kg x6
* Leg Press - 140kg x20
Standing Calf Raise - 75kg x12, 80kg x12, 90kg x8, 100kg x5
Seated Leg Curls - Meh x10, Meh x8

Today I tried to do parallel back squats with a low bar for the first time in ever. No rest at all between sets because someone was waiting for it and looked pissed off. Everything was light, parallel squats are easy as hell compared to going ATG. I didn't go heavy due to no rest and it was turning into cardio.

I think I will do ATG front squats and alternate between parallel low bar back squats. If I had longer rest time I think 120kg would be my 5RM on parallel squats atm. It feels weird to not have your calves to hit to know when you come back up.

Calf raises 5 second negative 2 second positive with a pause at the bottom, strong calf jellyness. Leg press was hard because I was sweating and felt like a crossfit homo by this point.

Curling 20kg seated was heavier than expected even though 17.5kg is light. Will stick to 20kg add more reps next time DB curls come around.
Reply 56
Okay session today

Flat DB Press - [15kg x8, 20kg x8, 25kg x5] 30kg x9 RP, 25kg x5
Military Press - [25kg x8, 35kg x5, 45kg x3] 50kg x9 RP
Dips - [BW x10, +10kg x5, +15kg x3] +20kg x15 RP +4 reps
Chinups - 21 RP
Bent Over Row - [40kg x8, 60kg x5, 70kg x3] 80kg x17 RP, 50kg x8

Getting the DBs up for flat bench took half the effort, next time will ask someone to hand me them.
Reply 57
FluxD
Okay session today

Flat DB Press - [15kg x8, 20kg x8, 25kg x5] 30kg x9 RP, 25kg x5
Military Press - [25kg x8, 35kg x5, 45kg x3] 50kg x9 RP
Dips - [BW x10, +10kg x5, +15kg x3] +20kg x15 RP +4 reps
Chinups - 21 RP
Bent Over Row - [40kg x8, 60kg x5, 70kg x3] 80kg x17 RP, 50kg x8

Getting the DBs up for flat bench took half the effort, next time will ask someone to hand me them.

ye DB's are quite easy to get up on an incline

a bitch on flat

so deffo get someone to help you out.
I find they're easier on a flatter incline... hard on a decline cos I feel like I'm sliding off the bench, and hard on an incline because I need to lift them higher.
Yeah, I find flat much easier too.

Latest