The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
xo-Heva
Event: Big-massive exam results sleepover!!
Date: 4th August 2009
Time: 9.00pm
Venue: TSR

Be there or be square!! :ninjagirl:

Maybe we could all post as annoymous so nobody knows how cool we are... :ninjagirl:
How time flies, can't believe it's less than a month to go...
Reply 62
Ohhh I'll be busy on the 5th. I've got to go to 3 different colleges to show them my certificates, the school to hand in books, get the leavers form and the whole awkwardness thing with the teachers...maybe I'll lie and say I got into a NC in biomedical sciences...

Omg I totally won't sleep the night before. Please please Please PLEASE let me pass Biology FSM :frown:.
Hi Everyone

You're all sounding quite relaxed considering there's LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO.

I just wanted to point out that the very few of you who might still be putting off registering to receive your texts or emails have to REGISTER WITH MYSQA BEFORE 5PM ON THE 16TH JULY - that's only 9 days away. And then you have to ACTIVATE BEFORE 5PM ON THE 24 JULY - you'd be amazed the number of people who didn't activate their accounts last year and missed out.

Also, if any of you have friends who haven't signed up, tell them to remove their digits and just do it.

SAM :smile:
Reply 64
mysqa
16TH JULY - that's only 9 days away

OoOOoooh! My 17th birthday :p:
17? You just said that to make me feel old. HB when it comes!
Ah well. I'll be in Holland on the 5th so I'll have to trawl through the nearest town for some WiFi. That'll be fun. Finding out my exam results on my ipod.
obscurename
I'll have to trawl through the nearest town for some WiFi.

EDIT: And what is that thing in your signature? :p:
Reply 68
ArcadiaHouse
My dad says he'll be "very disappointed if you don't get As and Bs", and I can't stand the thought of him standing at the end of my bed at 8am waiting on the text, and going into a huff if/when I don't get the grades.

You should instead tell your parents that you've tried your best and put in as much effort as you could. Surely that's something to be proud of, regardless of the grade. I'm sure your parents would prefer it if you actually tried in the exams (which I'm sure you did!), than if you faffed about for a year and didn't care.

xo-Heva
Event: Big-massive exam results sleepover!!
Date: 4th August 2009
Time: 9.00pm
Venue: TSR

Be there or be square!! :ninjagirl:

I'd love to join you but I'll be bricking it in Majorca instead. :eek:
Obscurename - get your results by text. Simples.
C274
You should instead tell your parents that you've tried your best and put in as much effort as you could. Surely that's something to be proud of, regardless of the grade. I'm sure your parents would prefer it if you actually tried in the exams (which I'm sure you did!), than if you faffed about for a year and didn't care.

I'd love to join you but I'll be bricking it in Majorca instead. :eek:

My mum knows how much I worked, but if I get the grades, it'll be **** all to do with my dad (this is turning into H & R :p:).

I was bricking it in London in August last year, but forgot to sign up for MySQA so I dreaded the whole car journey home, but when I opened the envelope I got more than I was predicted. :biggrin: Hopefully it'll happen again this year! And I signed up for MySQA straight away this time.
Meteorshower
My parents said "what went wrong with music?" when I got a B in it last year, so I know the feeling...

I know someone who got straight 1s, five A1 at Higher and three As at AH and was Junior and Senior Dux. Her little sister got seven 1s and a 2 at SG last year. Her mum didn't speak to her for two days. Seriously, what is the point? :indiff:

Out of interest, did you have a feeling those were the grades you would get when you left the exam, or did you get more than you were expecting? :five:
ArcadiaHouse
I know someone who got straight 1s, five A1 at Higher and three As at AH and was Junior and Senior Dux. Her little sister got seven 1s and a 2 at SG last year. Her mum didn't speak to her for two days. Seriously, what is the point? :indiff:

Out of interest, did you have a feeling those were the grades you would get when you left the exam, or did you get more than you were expecting? :five:

To be honest I was reasonably confident I'd get either 4 A's and i'd fail English or something so while my A in English was nice (I was ill so i was all ready to appeal) my B in Music was kinda a bad surprise!
Reply 73
For my prelims, I got BCCCC
I need at least 2 B's to get accepted for Uni :|... nearly there with the prelims, so fingers crossed!
Ape Gone Insane
Well since you're all bragging:

There was a boy I knew who sat 5 Highers in 5th year getting Band 1 As in all them.

Then sat 4 Advanced Highers in 6th year and got Band 1 As in all them.

He got 6 Senior Deuces (Dux) in total plus Gold UK Mathematical Challenge (3 years in a row) and 100% in Advanced Highers Maths.

Ah but did their parents snub them? :p:
Reply 75
Prelims
Higher Physics - B
Higher English - C (with 59% though :frown: )
Higher Business Management - 70% for first prelim, 57% for second prelim
Advanced Higher Graphic Communication - B

according to statistics, on average students increase their prelim mark by 10% so hopefully I'll get

Higher Physics - A
Higher English - B
Higher Business Management - B/A
Advanced Higher Graphic Communication - B/A

I need a BB including higher english to get into Uni, so fingers crossed I'll get the results
Reply 76
Ape Gone Insane

There was a boy I knew who sat 5 Highers in 5th year getting Band 1 As in all them.

He got 6 Senior Deuces (Dux) in total plus Gold UK Mathematical Challenge (3 years in a row) and 100% in Advanced Highers Maths.

:zomg: I feel stupid now.
Reply 77
Ape Gone Insane
Will this thread reach 1000 replies by August 5th?

NO.

Why? Because this forum is dead. -.-

To be fair, not many Scottish users use TSR.
You could always just post over and over again - increase your post count :p:
And jeeeezz! You've been a member since April and look at your post count!! Its well over 25,000 :shock:
Reply 78
harveym
according to statistics, on average students increase their prelim mark by 10%

Seems like quite a lot...I would have though it was max 7% or something like that for the average student!
Ape Gone Insane

Hardly "bragging" about someone else's achievements ...? My point was that the girl's equally incredibly bright sister dared to get a 2 at SG where her sister got perfect grades her whole life, and her mum refused to speak to her afterwards. This example stemmed from my point that my dad said to me "you'd better get As and Bs because Cs are nowhere near good enough and they'll ruin your life" etc, and I'm hardly on a par with the best of the best, like a cliché doctor pressuring their kids to be the same. My dad is thick as **** anyway so I'm just trying to ignore him.

Latest

Trending

Trending