The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dunno, but doesnt chewing gum make ur jaw stronger as u exercise the muscles more or something :confused:
Reply 2
They say there are good and bad points to everything. Chewing gum is alright as long as you have it in moderation. Just like anything I suppose. It produces more saliva if I seem to remember rightly, and the sugar free ones are okay. I'm confused now...
Reply 3
not sure, does that meen you get exercise from kissing :wink:
Reply 4
probably
Reply 5
Dragoness
not sure, does that meen you get exercise from kissing :wink:

most likely :wink:
Reply 6
You burn alot of calories through kissing! What an exercise, they should make it an option in PE! But with regards to chewing gum, sugar free is good for your teeth, but all is bad for your stomach, as your body expects food to arrive in the stomach, so it starts to get ready to digest, and when nothing turns up, it digests itself! I think...

Happy Chewing!
Reply 7
It makes you produce saliva, which is good for your teeth. It's bad for your jaw though!
Reply 8
i always get a sore jaw wen i have sum....i havent had sum for ages now cuz ive got a brace and my teeth have looked so much better since.
Reply 9
Cazzi_Bear
i always get a sore jaw wen i have sum....i havent had sum for ages now cuz ive got a brace and my teeth have looked so much better since.

how long u had ur brace for?

mine should be coming off soon, bloody thing :frown:
Reply 10
too much chewing gum gives a laxative effect...
Reply 11
thanks for that image!
Reply 12
Sam_B
how long u had ur brace for?

mine should be coming off soon, bloody thing :frown:

ive had one of those removable ones (at the top) for over a year and a couple of metal plates for 3 years. (i have a very rare condition where the third teeth from my TOP two middle teeth were aiming to push out my top two teeth.) i needed an operation to get chains put in!

so i dont get my actual brace for a while...

Think yourself lucky...........:smile: im still going to have a brace in uni!

Sorry for the long and boring insight to my teeth everyone! lol :biggrin:
i honestly canNOT live without gum. it keeps me awake in lessons EVERYDAY.

my fav. is EXTRA White...cos i can actually chew for the ENTIRE DAY and it won't "melt" in my mouth. :p:
Reply 14
one of my pet hates is when people chew gum with their mouths open and look really spaced out....

I HATE IT!
:mad:
I chew all the time :eek:

Used to be an airwave-a-holic, but I've recently got hooked in extra, and I think it makes my teeth whiter as well :smile: :rolleyes:
Reply 16
I cant have airwaves, I am extremely alergic! Which isnt fair, becuase I always have blocked sinuses!
I was thinking chewing after a meal or something :confused: Then you don't do it much... and your stomach has stuff to digest :smile:
Reply 18
Good thinking, and also, it helps remove any excess food in the teeth, and freshens breath.
Reply 19
Cewing gum is addictive hehe. Isn't that good for you but hey :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending