The Student Room Group

PYB5 - Perspectives Question

Any ideas on the following?:

"Describe and discuss one advantage and one disadvantage of an eclectic approach to the understanding of human behaviour. In your answer refer to at least one topic area in psychology. (12 marks)"

My teacher just threw it at us today, before which time I had been under the impression that they were only supposed to ask about individual approaches!

I can think of advantages (though I may be on completely the wrong track), but not really a disadvantage??

Cheers,

ZarathustraX
Reply 1
Zarathustra
Any ideas on the following?:

"Describe and discuss one advantage and one disadvantage of an eclectic approach to the understanding of human behaviour. In your answer refer to at least one topic area in psychology. (12 marks)"

My teacher just threw it at us today, before which time I had been under the impression that they were only supposed to ask about individual approaches!

I can think of advantages (though I may be on completely the wrong track), but not really a disadvantage??

Cheers,

ZarathustraX

well basically...if u adopt an eclectic approach the it means u combinin approaches..this is weak because it means u wont go in2 depth on certain research ie for the discovery of biological disorders such as turner's syndrome..if an eclectic approach had been used then this would not have been discovered..since eclectic appraoch woyud take in2 account biological and socio-cultural factors.

Latest

Trending

Trending