Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Controversial 'Capello Index' Ratings Revealed

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/62...player-ratings

Er, do we actually need these ratings? I think we can tell the team were crap :rolleyes: I think Capello's gone a bit mental tbh.

Anywho Jermain Defore was our best performer, Green the worst.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't have been released. Oh dear.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If SWP and Gerrard were at the top of the ratings system then it's clearly flawed horribly.

And Rob Green played one game and conceded one goal against a team ranked 13th in the world, not exactly a disaster :facepalm2:
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    One can only assume that this is Capello's desperate attempt to try and rid himself of responsibility for what happened in South Africa by moving the focus of blame onto others.

He'd make a crap Batman.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i agree. the ratings for england were useless n pointless... but green only played one game and made only 1 mistake and received the lowest rating... in my eyes... quite harsh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heskey being number 2 really shows what a sorry state our national team is in.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here's the link btw:

http://www.capelloindex.com/en/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue how it works, but... I disagree with a lot of the ratings, e.g. Upson being higher than Ashley Cole, when Upson was pretty much diabolical against Germany save for his goal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely Ashley Cole or Glen Johnson were the best? Defoe did **** all apart from scoring one lucky goal. I am losing faith with Capello.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It works using some formula so it's not going to be accurate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Getting sick of Capello
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's strange because I remember him saying that he scrapped the idea around a week before the world cup started
    oh i see, just shelved releasing them.
    oh well. i don't care
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone hand the man a sport psychology book.

Also, this:
    It is, however, worth pointing out that Defoe's average score of 62.47 still falls some way short of the 65.77 awarded to Uruguay's talismanic frontman Diego Forlan, the man rated as the best player at the tournament by Capello.
    :rofl:
    • 24 followers

(Original post by CombineHarvester)
    It works using some formula so it's not going to be accurate.

I think the formulas are meant to be objective. Just look at the Castrol rankings. They sound like **** but are objective. And every run, pass, shot etc is taken into account.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Godin is in his world cup XI.

He was immense. Outperformed Lugano who seemed to get a lot of plaudits. Godin has been criminally overlooked.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    I think the formulas are meant to be objective. Just look at the Castrol rankings. They sound like **** but are objective. And every run, pass, shot etc is taken into account.
    Yes but it doesn't take into account a lot of factors which the index doesn't measure. For example Klose is higher than Xavi which statistically makes sense because the index values goals more than other stats but most would argue Xavi was better despite not scoring. There are loads of players ranked higher than Ozil as well but most would regard him as being one of the best players of the tournament.
    • 24 followers

OK, these suck. Klose above Villa? Gimme a break. Suarez is above Neuer though.
    • 24 followers

(Original post by CombineHarvester)
    Yes but it doesn't take into account a lot of factors which the index doesn't measure. For example Klose is higher than Xavi which statistically makes sense because the index values goals more than other stats but most would argue Xavi was better despite not scoring. There are loads of players ranked higher than Ozil as well but most would regard him as being one of the best players of the tournament.

I know what you mean. Its put Klose above Villa.
    • 24 followers

(Original post by ste_mc_efc)
    Godin is in his world cup XI.

He was immense. Outperformed Lugano who seemed to get a lot of plaudits. Godin has been criminally overlooked.

Who else is in the world cup 11?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannylj)
    Surely Ashley Cole or Glen Johnson were the best?
    Glen Johnson was arguably the worst player of any side at the world cup.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2010
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.