The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

farhan
Johnson has his weakpoints but his strong points make up for that.

We actually do have a solid team if we keep all our best players. I would say the only useless players are Insua, Lucas and Degen. Babel and Carragher are mediocre. Ngog is still young and deserves more time.

Keeping hold of Mascherano will be a challenge. Riera is a dick but the best option we have on the left-wing. Keeping Torres fit would help.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Kyrgiakos Agger

Mascherano Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

That is pretty solid.

That is a pretty decent squad but the bench is not as strong as before, that should be of worry especially when 2/3 players on this squad are injury prone (or it seems). Reira is quality from what I've seen but not a good team player. I really hope Liverpool step up this season, I can't stand the thought of Sp*rs finishing 4th again, Man City isn't much of a better option.
Reply 9961
I know Purslow is looking to get funds in, but I must have missed Hodgson saying he wants to keep Insua.
Reply 9962
ChrisWilliams
You think selling the only recognised senior left back at the club is good business, my opinion is right, yours is wrong.
That's not good business. I never said it was - unless he has a replacement lined up. All I said was Insua is below average.
Reply 9963
Why are we selling Insua? It makes no bloody sense, he's only 21 ffs and considering last year he was thrown into the first team due to injuries, he didn't cope that bad, ridiculous decision to sell him. And lol at the suggestion that we should sell Lucas and that he's crap. Whoever thinks that hasn't been watching Liverpool over the last year.

And MEX, the Liverpool channel is 434 on Sky.

M_E_X
x
Reply 9964
We should be getting rid of the likes of Riera ffs, not Insua :facepalm2:
Reply 9965
Insua, Lucas and Ngog are all young players who played more games and had more responsibility on their shoulders in an under-performing team than they should have. They're all decent young players. None will be top class but they'll all have decent careers and all have an important (well, not Insua now) part to play in the SQUAD. They're also, along with Pepe and Fernando, the only players who can truly hold their heads high after last season.

get a grip and go back to football manager
Reply 9966
ChrisWilliams
Roy Hodgson is impressed with Emiliano Insua, but the Liverpool manager admits “talks with Fiorentina have already started.”
The Viola have been linked with the 21-year-old wing-back for several weeks and it seems negotiations are reaching a key stage.

“I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level,” Hodgson told Radio Blu in Florence.

“However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don’t know how advanced they are.

“I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I’ll have to discuss that with the club.”

The Italian media is confident that Argentine international Insua will join Fiorentina over the summer.

http://football-italia.net/jul10v.html

Yep, voted Brazilian footballer of the year at 19, and takes his place alongside those other **** Brazilians like Ronaldo and Romario. You're right. Lucas is ****.
Okay, so Insua is being sold against Hodgson's wishes, that was an oversight on my part.
farhan
That's not good business. I never said it was - unless he has a replacement lined up. All I said was Insua is below average.

You say Insua is below average, but earlier in the thread you were having a go at people who laughed at the thought of signing Milner a few years ago saying "and look at him now"

Well, Insua is 21, the same age as Milner was then. Look at him in a couple of years and then still tell me he's below average. That boy is going to be a star and we've just sold him for pittance so we can service the debt, not get funds in.

Cecil should be nowhere near the transfers. He's a banker for ***** sake. He has no football experience, the selling and buying of players should be the responsibility of the manager and the manager only. Thing is, this banker has already gone of the managers head once, he'll do it again, and it won't be to "raise funds" like you say, it'll be to service the dead. Get your head out of the sand lad.
Reply 9968
Why are we selling Insua?

1. We need the money
2. A banker is making our transfer decisions
3. We are ******.

but it's alright laaaaaaaa. Uncle roy OBVIOUSLY has Philip Lahm up his sleeve and Insua is **** innit ?!
Reply 9969
"As far as I know, Joe Cole is still a player looking for a club. I know we've been linked with him. I had a very brief chat with him a little while back but, if you want to know about transfer targets, you'll have to ask [Liverpool managing director] Christian Purslow."

- Roy Hodgson.
Reply 9970
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26462833#post26462833

New society thread as this one has nearly hit 10,000 posts :smile:
Reply 9971
Stu Laverty
x

I've opened the new thread Stu so close this one when you get the chance :yy: Thanks!
Reply 9972
Have you got any young players coming through that could provide cover at left back, or do you need to sign two now? Agger should be played in the middle imo.

Left the page open for ages, will post in new soc :colondollar:
Reply 9973
If we've sank as low as to sell the likes of Lucas and Insua, they might as well turn the lights out as they leave. Dark days.

New thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1339625

Latest