The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

a post on my new course has really annoyed me, theres some right elitism going on. makes me feel like pulling out. urrgh.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by inksplodge
a post on my new course has really annoyed me, theres some right elitism going on. makes me feel like pulling out. urrgh.

Don't pull out just because of one post! Cut 'n' paste it onto here so we can judge exactly how elitist it is.
Original post by Piko_Piko
Don't pull out just because of one post! Cut 'n' paste it onto here so we can judge exactly how elitist it is.

I'll PM you 'cos I don't really want to put it on here!

Me too? :flutter:
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~

Nosey bugger!
Reply 5045

Original post by Bleak Lemming
Nosey bugger!

Can I see too? :colondollar:

Sorry, it can't be helped.

Curiosity saved the cat and all. At least, I think that's right. :biggrin:

What module is it?
Reply 5046
I went to my first ever tutorial on Saturday (for TU100). Was interesting to see other people and meet the tutor, but overall was probably a waste of time. I didn't learn anything, but it's nice to be able to put a few faces to names.
Original post by Moggs
Can I see too? :colondollar:

Sorry, it can't be helped.

Curiosity saved the cat and all. At least, I think that's right. :biggrin:

What module is it?

PMed you :woo:
Reply 5048
and me :sad:
dag namit! and me too!! :]]

I knew you'd crack :teehee:
Reply 5051
PMed you :woo:

There seems to be a few like that lately. I'd be inclined to say something, but I have a feeling the naïveté (I had to look that up) in this case would be just too strong to break.

And..

I knew you'd crack :teehee:

:awesome:
Currently seeking inspiration to complete MS221 TMA03 (due in 4th April, but I like to be way ahead cos I'm studying 3 x 30 credit modules).

After battling MST121 Block C (calculus) and then having a month off to do Block 1 of easy T173 (no maths!) I really can't be bothered to go back to battling my way through integration again (no doubt I've already forgotten most of what I learned in MST121)..

My memory seems to be like a sift. I read the books, do the TMA.. get good marks, then forget... Exam in June should be fun :frown:
I've been asked to submit a dummy eTMA, does anyone know what this really means? Does it have to be about what we're working on? A blank document? A random sentence?
Original post by HalfBloodPrincess
I've been asked to submit a dummy eTMA, does anyone know what this really means? Does it have to be about what we're working on? A blank document? A random sentence?

I just submitted a copy and paste of the poem Invictus or John F Kennedy's inagural speech.
So I need to supply 3 academic references for my postgraduate applications. Does anyone know how I go about obtaining those? Can OU tutors write references or is it difficult given the circumstances of distance learning etc?
Could anyone very briefly let me know what the fees for a course are? I'm looking to study part time, as I'll be working weekdays come September but would still like to study.

Also if anyone has time to answer, is there also any support available or do you guys mainly pay yourselves? Much appreciated!
Original post by AndroidLight
Could anyone very briefly let me know what the fees for a course are? I'm looking to study part time, as I'll be working weekdays come September but would still like to study.

Also if anyone has time to answer, is there also any support available or do you guys mainly pay yourselves? Much appreciated!

It depends on the course. Have you tried looking at the OU website? It contains all the information about individual course fees plus details on how you can apply for financial aid etc.

Are you looking for financial support or maybe something like a DSA?
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
It depends on the course. Have you tried looking at the OU website? It contains all the information about individual course fees plus details on how you can apply for financial aid etc.

Are you looking for financial support or maybe something like a DSA?

The website was a bit confusing really, so was wondering if I could just get a general overview. It's fine though if you're not able to do that if courses etc are varied. Just wondering roughly how much they cost. Not sure what a DSA is also?
Original post by AndroidLight
The website was a bit confusing really, so was wondering if I could just get a general overview. It's fine though if you're not able to do that if courses etc are varied. Just wondering roughly how much they cost. Not sure what a DSA is also?

The individual course fees for October 2012 starters have not been released yet, however the OU has said that as a general guide 60 point modules will cost £2500, so 30 points should be £1250 and 15 credits £625. 10 and 20 credit modules may vary. Business and law modules have often had a premium added but we don’t know if that will be the case now. Residential/ practical modules usually have a premium as well. For example the L1 science practical residential module costs 3 times more than the home based science practical module. Hope that helps.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending