The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Got it in but I really don't think it was any good. I wasn't able to put all 14 activities down as I left it so late and found it confusing. Just have to hope i got the mark I need to pass.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 5081
Hey guys,
I just registered with the OU. I`ll do A 182 in April and it`s currently linked towards a BA (Hons) English Language and Literature.
I wanna link it towards B66 BA (Hons) English literature now, but I don`t seem to be able to.
When trying to change my qualification in StudentHome, it will only show me DipHe, Foundations courses and CertHe`s and the Open degrees, but no specific BAs/Bscs?
Can anyone help?
Reply 5082
Original post by Vorenus
Hey guys,
I just registered with the OU. I`ll do A 182 in April and it`s currently linked towards a BA (Hons) English Language and Literature.
I wanna link it towards B66 BA (Hons) English literature now, but I don`t seem to be able to.
When trying to change my qualification in StudentHome, it will only show me DipHe, Foundations courses and CertHe`s and the Open degrees, but no specific BAs/Bscs?
Can anyone help?

I've just looked and it's all changed. I would recommend phoning them because they'll be able to do it for you; it suggests you need to "unlink" from your original qualification first but I'm not completely sure.
Reply 5083
Original post by Juno
I've just looked and it's all changed. I would recommend phoning them because they'll be able to do it for you; it suggests you need to "unlink" from your original qualification first but I'm not completely sure.

Okay, thanks, I`ll just phone `em up tomorrow then. :smile:
Reply 5084
Hey :smile: ,

What happens if you send in a tma after 1200hrs but on the due date. I sent an icma at about 1800hrs and was acknowledged and marked, so wondering if the same would apply. I read somethong about a 12 hour grace period, and as long as it's in by midnight, it's okay.

Would anyone happen to know about this sort of thing ?

Would i suffer a penalty for it ?
(edited 12 years ago)
That seems to be the way it goes but I've never actually had any formal clarification on it.

My understanding is that there is a 12 hour grace period, if you submit during this, you won't get penalised. If you submit after the grace period, then it is at the tutor's discretion. Maybe someone can confirm/correct me?
Everything I've been told has said that, as things stand at present, the deadline is at noon, but there's a grace period until midnight.

Edited to add: if you go to your Student Home, and look in the 'Help' bit, you can get to your assessment handbook for your module. The one for my current module says:

If you are submitting your assignment online, you should ensure that you submit well before midday (UK local time) on the cut off date in case you experience technical problems, and ideally at least three days before the cut off date. However, there is a 12-hour grace period so any TMAs received before midnight on the cut off date will still be accepted.

...but you might want to check yours, to be sure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by any_name
Hey :smile: ,

What happens if you send in a tma after 1200hrs but on the due date. I sent an icma at about 1800hrs and was acknowledged and marked, so wondering if the same would apply. I read somethong about a 12 hour grace period, and as long as it's in by midnight, it's okay.

Would anyone happen to know about this sort of thing ?

Would i suffer a penalty for it ?

I think if you started doing it for every TMA, you'd get a warning. The 12 hour grace period is for emergencies only really.
Original post by Nitebot
I think if you started doing it for every TMA, you'd get a warning. The 12 hour grace period is for emergencies only really.

I've done it for every single TMA across 7 courses and never had a warning so far. I didn't even know my TMAs were due in at midday until this year.. Oops :tongue:
Original post by alawhisp
I've done it for every single TMA across 7 courses and never had a warning so far. I didn't even know my TMAs were due in at midday until this year.. Oops :tongue:

Oh well, what do I know?! But if I was in charge... :biggrin:
Original post by Nitebot
Oh well, what do I know?! But if I was in charge... :biggrin:

One due in today, 11:46 and I'm still writing it.. I'm glad you're not in charge :tongue: :biggrin:
One due in today, 11:46 and I'm still writing it.. I'm glad you're not in charge :tongue: :biggrin:

Be grateful for small mercies!! :biggrin:

What course ya doing?
Original post by Bleak Lemming
What course ya doing?

LLB Law - assignment today is for W223 (company law), but I'm also doing B120 (non-law course, it's business) at the moment and W301 (land/trusts law, absolutely horrible!!) :smile:
LLB Law - assignment today is for W223 (company law), but I'm also doing B120 (non-law course, it's business) at the moment and W301 (land/trusts law, absolutely horrible!!) :smile:

Sounds pretty hard :l I'd quite like to do a law course.. But it's never gonna happen. I'm destined to struggle through MST modules forever :'( I'd do a small module if I could get work to pay for me :wink:
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Sounds pretty hard :l I'd quite like to do a law course.. But it's never gonna happen. I'm destined to struggle through MST modules forever :'( I'd do a small module if I could get work to pay for me :wink:

Yeah, it's horrible :h:

For what it's worth, there's not a chance I could ever pass a BEng :biggrin: Too many numbers..
Reply 5096
Woohoo! TMA submitted and it's not due for ages*!

*tomorrow
Original post by Juno

*tomorrow

Gz ;D
Original post by Juno

*tomorrow

:party:

:parrot:

I always want to type :simon: :teehee:
Reply 5099
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
:party:

:parrot:

I always want to type :simon: :teehee:

He's white though

Quick Reply

Latest