The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Original post by Nitebot
That's good to stay ahead! I've got a CMA and TMA for next week. Struggling to answer the questions never mind submit either of them!

I struggled with Part B of mine, as it was an essay question with the title "should blah blah blah" and I thought that somewhere in the materials the answer would be, and I got annoyed coz I couldn't find it. But then someone on the forums pointed out it's an opinion thing, so you need to use the materials to back up your own point of view.

So anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if you're really stuck then maybe ask your tutor or on the forum for pointers
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Juno
I struggled with Part B of mine, as it was an essay question with the title "should blah blah blah" and I thought that somewhere in the materials the answer would be, and I got annoyed coz I couldn't find it. But then someone on the forums pointed out it's an opinion thing, so you need to use the materials to back up your own point of view.

So anyway, what I'm trying to say is, if you're really stuck then maybe ask your tutor or on the forum for pointers

Yep will do if need be.
Reply 5182
Hmmm, submitting tonight might be harder than I thought. I need 1200 words, and currently have 729 and a bottle of Disaronno.
Reply 5183
Original post by Juno
Hmmm, submitting tonight might be harder than I thought. I need 1200 words, and currently have 729 and a bottle of Disaronno.

:drool: Good choice! Bella Veroni for me.
Reply 5184
So I got 69 & 72 on my last 2 TMAs only need 40 on the each of the last two but might sub TMA06 and just go to TMA07 instead.

I did my transition fees questionaire yesterday, it was confusing as I plan to get the certificate & diploma but was told just to pick the degree and inform them when I'm ready to claim the others.
Reply 5185
I feel bad though as I completed book 1 for K260 weeks ago and should have submitted TMA01 way before the deadline 28 March but couldn't be bothered lol TMA02 isn't due till May 31st so basically:

K101 TMA06 - 22nd March
K260 TMA01 - 28th March
K101 TMA07 - 3rd May
K260 TMA02 - 31st May
K101 Exam - 15th June
K260 TMA03 - 18th July

And I also have the Olympics to fit in 1st July - 15th August.
:O we have an olympian among us! ;P
Reply 5187
Original post by Bleak Lemming
:O we have an olympian among us! ;P

volunteer not athlete :wink:
Reply 5188
So more new modules for Health & Social Care have come out. Now I have to pick between Dementia Care & Human Biology, not a hard pick really but would have liked Dementia Care to have come out before now then I might have taken it instead of k260 Death & Dying, oh well.

I really want new 3L module to come out so I can replace K311.
Original post by dg2009
So more new modules for Health & Social Care have come out. Now I have to pick between Dementia Care & Human Biology, not a hard pick really but would have liked Dementia Care to have come out before now then I might have taken it instead of k260 Death & Dying, oh well.

I really want new 3L module to come out so I can replace K311.

Uplifting! :erm:
Reply 5190
it's actually quite interesting
If I get into Derby's distance learning conversion course I won't be continuing with the OU. It will cost around the same, take the same amount of time, and give me a PGDip at least. The main advantage is that it is all coursework, and my OU modules have been let down a lot by bad exam performances.

I want to do the Certificate in Mental Health Studies though, might start that next year.
Reply 5192
Now I have 2 TMAs waiting to come back :sad:
1 more TMA, 3 EMAs and an exam to go and I'm all done!
Hitting T173 Block 2 tonight.. Gonna try and get 80 pages done which will put me into Block 2 part 2. :coffee:

Then work at 7:30am :biggrin:
Reply 5195
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Hitting T173 Block 2 tonight.. Gonna try and get 80 pages done which will put me into Block 2 part 2. :coffee:

Then work at 7:30am :biggrin:

80 pages in one sitting! Hmm, that would be nice indeed.

I'll be very happy to manage 40 today.
Original post by Moggs
80 pages in one sitting! Hmm, that would be nice indeed.

I'll be very happy to manage 40 today.

I only managed 25 so far, been too distracted by TV and my belly rumbling.. Got an hour before I have to get ready for work so might get 30 done before I go, then a little whilst time there *fingers crossed*

Edit: Got 35 done.. I need to stop procrastinating, must have spent 70% of my night not studying :/
(edited 12 years ago)
tma1 of T307 sent.....just 4 more and an ema to go...

Then its final year time, wooooo!
Got my IT diploma, too....
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm supposed to be writing an assignment about diseased cows. It's not going well...

Quick Reply

Latest