The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paulcornwall
Not happy. After speaking to a OU advisor the BSc health and social care seemed ideal. However found out today the course expires in 2017! Meaning all 360 must be obtained by then. That would mean more than full time study for a degree I requested to be part time. I rang again today to find out if a replacement or something similar with a longer shelf life was availablevand no one was sure. Not happy :frown:

:eek: Surely they will have some kind of replacement though?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by paulcornwall
Not happy. After speaking to a OU advisor the BSc health and social care seemed ideal. However found out today the course expires in 2017! Meaning all 360 must be obtained by then. That would mean more than full time study for a degree I requested to be part time. I rang again today to find out if a replacement or something similar with a longer shelf life was availablevand no one was sure. Not happy :frown:

They shouldn't have even mentioned it if you are a new student as new students have to register on the new Style (Q code) degrees fulltime or not. Not even sure if you were an existing student with some credits already under the belt that you could transfer to a different degree (modules allowing) that isn't a new Q one because of the 2017 time constraint.

Anyway this is the new Health & social Care one (code is Q18 if want to refer to that if you call again):

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q18
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Leanney
Yeah they advised me not to begin with DE100 but I'm not sure why... it's a level 1 module so everything you are expected to do is explained in detail in the activities each week. I'm really enjoying it so far and although the content of the textbook is challenging at times, it's expected because it's Psychology! Psychology is never going to be a walk in the park :P

Thank you, I was in shock when I saw my score! :eek:

Definitely! They haven't given me a reason as to why yet either. I'm really excited to start though, great to hear you're enjoying it! Maybe we could help each other out since we'll be studying the same modules :smile:
Original post by xgemmaax
Definitely! They haven't given me a reason as to why yet either. I'm really excited to start though, great to hear you're enjoying it! Maybe we could help each other out since we'll be studying the same modules :smile:

I am doing the health and social care degree too :biggrin: My first two modules are k101 and k118! Xx
Original post by HurdlesToJump
I am doing the health and social care degree too :biggrin: My first two modules are k101 and k118! Xx

Ah I wanted to do a H&SC module as part of my open degree! How are you finding it so far? :smile:

Yes definitely!
Reply 8826
I need a little help guys. My tutor keeps nagging me to attend tutorials that are about 6 miles away, on days that I work. I can't change those days. I am also suffering from anxiety which makes it worse. Any help would be appreciated
Original post by Sabr
I need a little help guys. My tutor keeps nagging me to attend tutorials that are about 6 miles away, on days that I work. I can't change those days. I am also suffering from anxiety which makes it worse. Any help would be appreciated

Tutorials are totally optional!!! If they keep being on your case over it then mention it to your SST.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by laalNick
Tutorials are totally optional!!! If they keep being on your case over it then mention it to your SST.

Not sure why they would hassle you to go to something optional unless they really think you could benefit from f2f learning or something. Maybe suggest a phone chat or Skype instead?
Sent off my first TMA for K217 on Thursday, now the wait is on for the result.
Ah I wanted to do a H&SC module as part of my open degree! How are you finding it so far? :smile:

It's going well quite boring the first few tma's but its about to get good I think with discussion on mental health etc. struggling a bit with time management though as I am always so tired working nights and with two children I struggle for time to fit it all in... :/ Xx
Well I got 62% for tma01 for K217 now on to K272.
91% for SXHL288 EMA... Very happy

Anyone else have results today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
64% for B291 TMA01
Grade 4 pass for msxr209 residential.
Don't know if we ever get the TMA back (45%) but I hope so.
85% for first TMA on DE100 (Investigating psychology). JUST scraped a pass 1 :wink:
Original post by Leanney
85% for first TMA on DE100 (Investigating psychology). JUST scraped a pass 1 :wink:

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Reply 8838
Original post by Leanney

Snap - same for me :smile:
So glad those TMA's are sent :frown: those two were soooooo boring!!! x

Quick Reply

Latest