The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
On another note, anyone watch this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l7mmg/Bizarre_Animal_ER_Episode_4/

Ok its all very silly but some of the operations are awesome
Emikoo
Hehe I was interviewed by Alun Williams :biggrin: Just thought I'd throw that in.
Its rubbish they won't show the big cats. I bet its because too many people would complain for some stupid reason. Thats what annoys me: If you don't want to see a lion getting dissected...Change channel!! I think they only just got away with the elephant too, because unlike the other three animals they were CONSTANTLY explaining how the elephant died of natural causes and this is a post mortem blah blah blah. Did anyone else notice how much they went on about it?

yeah - but honestly- I'm a total conservation / big cat nut- and showing a big cat / elephant dissection would not offend me in the slightest- infact it'd actually encourage me to turn on the television for once :yes: I'm sure that people these days are far too worried about being politically correct.... as you said -if people don't want to see it there are several (and in some cases hundreds) of other channels to watch :redface:
Emikoo
Hehe I was interviewed by Alun Williams :biggrin: Just thought I'd throw that in.
Its rubbish they won't show the big cats. I bet its because too many people would complain for some stupid reason. Thats what annoys me: If you don't want to see a lion getting dissected...Change channel!! I think they only just got away with the elephant too, because unlike the other three animals they were CONSTANTLY explaining how the elephant died of natural causes and this is a post mortem blah blah blah. Did anyone else notice how much they went on about it?

The elephant didn't die of natural causes, it was a put to sleep due to chronic osteoarthritis
Reply 43
Yeah I remember now, I just couldn't think so I just wrote natural causes. Either way they went on about why the elephant was there too much, for me not to notice and realise how much programmes now have to safe gaurd themselves ya know?
Emikoo
Yeah I remember now, I just couldn't think so I just wrote natural causes. Either way they went on about why the elephant was there too much, for me not to notice and realise how much programmes now have to safe gaurd themselves ya know?

Yeah I know what you mean, it was very obvious they didnt want to cause the usual public outcry that happens with this kind of thing.

Also, random fact, it was originally going to be called animals unwrapped, which i much prefer!
Reply 45
batty_hatty
Yeah I know what you mean, it was very obvious they didnt want to cause the usual public outcry that happens with this kind of thing.

Also, random fact, it was originally going to be called animals unwrapped, which i much prefer!

Thats why I missed the first one :frown: I was searching my TV for that instead!
batty_hatty
The elephant didn't die of natural causes, it was a put to sleep due to chronic osteoarthritis

I spoke to the vet who treated that elephant! :eek:

On another note, look who it is!!

Reply 47
Omgzzzz you is like sooooo famouzzzzzz

:p:

hehe im just jealous
Egglet
Omgzzzz you is like sooooo famouzzzzzz

:p:

hehe im just jealous

TV producers will be rollllllllling in, I tells thee :cool:
Reply 49
Me and my glasgow chums we talking about how we forget how many girls are in the other vet schools. The programmes showed that. Where are all RVC's boys?!
Egglet
Where are all RVC's boys?!

I dont know :frown: Tis like 9:1 Female:Male in my year I believe...
The best bit about that program was that it kept showing my housemates (non-vet) boyfriend looking really interested and he only went along cos it sounded interesting!

And the boys run away for some reason, obviously they don't like us girls lol!
Reply 52
oooh i love this show! i was gutted when she couldnt get the whole bone out without it fracturing :frown: did anyone see the giraffe one? I didnt realise they were such a complicated species I would love for them to contiue doing this when i become a vet student lol does anyone know if there is any way of watching these again?
thanks
lotpot
oooh i love this show! i was gutted when she couldnt get the whole bone out without it fracturing :frown: did anyone see the giraffe one? I didnt realise they were such a complicated species I would love for them to contiue doing this when i become a vet student lol does anyone know if there is any way of watching these again?
thanks

I imagine 4OD will have them so just go to channel4.com and download the player then you'll probably be able to get them. Good luck!
Reply 54
You can get them on 4OD (On Demand). That's how I saw one of them because I missed it.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od
:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending