The Student Room Group

How much do the Co-op pay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah a 16 year old can work there.

OP I worked there 19 months and loved it :smile:.
£5.85 18+
£4.67 less than 18.
I know this is a little old, but just incase anyone else wants to know. I'm 17 and work at the Co-op-finishing in a few days actually. I've worked there for a little over a year and started when I was 16.

When I started I was on £4.88 an hour but, luckily for me a week or two after I joined, the Co-op changed its policy for workers under 18 and viewed it wrong that someone who's a few years younger getting paid less for doing the same job. So my wage was increase to £6.25 an hour- what you would get if you are 18 or over if you decided to work there now. It's also part of the Co-op's policy to guarantee an increase in wage- whether it is slight or not- an increase in wage for each of its employees.

Hope this helps
I get paid £6.41 an hour in co-op and I'm 17.
Reply 23
17 year old daughter had an interview for co op last October, and received phone call about 3 weeks ago. She had an induction last Monday and till training last Wednesday,
and did her first shift Saturday 6 - 10, and has another shift on Wednesday 5 - 10 and has been told she will be getting £6.73 per hour.
Ye that's what I wanna know can a 16 year old work there
I've been working in co-op for about 3 months now and i get paid £6.73 and I'm 19
I'm 17 and get paid £7.07 an hour, as I believe everybody does now
I know this is a little old now but I currently work at the Co op and I started on £6.73 an hour but it went up to £7.03. My last pay slip said I was on £7.07 an hour and I should be on £7.30 an hour as of now because i've just turned 18! It's not the best money but I know for a fact they pay better than a lot of places, including Marks and Spencers!
:smile:
:smile::frown::tongue::wink::wink::o:H

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending