The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Even i am thinking of the same because here in uae, engineering field isvery under-paid
Reply 2
Ms_Flames
Even i am thinking of the same because here in uae, engineering field isvery under-paid

Are you serious? even for Civils in dubai? :eek:
Reply 3
RBarack
Are you serious? even for Civils in dubai? :eek:

I read the newspaper every day and it kinda dissapoints me to see that civil engineers get around 10,000 dhs after 5 years of experience whereas a finance or a HR graduate get a lot more even though engineers work more than them! This is really putting me off engineering. I wonder whether its the same for aeronautical engineering.
Reply 4
Ms_Flames
I read the newspaper every day and it kinda dissapoints me to see that civil engineers get around 10,000 dhs after 5 years of experience whereas a finance or a HR graduate get a lot more even though engineers work more than them! This is really putting me off engineering. I wonder whether its the same for aeronautical engineering.

Engineers are generally well paid in the UK. Not as much as the top dogs in finance, but the average Incorporated Civil Engineer in the UK earns 40k+ per year, and chartered civil engineers earn in the 50k + range per year.

You should also consider the starting salary. In the finance sector outside of London, i'm guessing that you'll be looking at around 15k - 20k as the average graduate starting salary ~ whereas graduate Civils earn on average a starting salary of something like 23 - 25k. I'll post a source when I find it.
Engineers are generally well paid in the UK. Not as much as the top dogs in finance, but the average Incorporated Civil Engineer in the UK earns 40k+ per year, and chartered civil engineers earn in the 50k + range per year.

But when you consider the immense level of responsibility chartered engineers have and the shocking lack of standing in society...

Latest

Trending

Trending